Words of Advice for Test Takers Who Don't Pass...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hjg7715

Reaction score
I know for some people who will find out any day now that they didn't pass, it will be disappointing and some people might even feel devastated, but keep things in perspective. It's really JUST a test and failing it is not going to define your professional career unless you choose not to retake it, you get an opportunity to retake said test and you get a diagnostics of said test so you know what areas you need to focus your studying on the next go around. 

Right around this time last year I got my results and saw that I failed, and not even a full day afterwards I turned my attention to re-taking the exam. Even though I took some extended time to decompress until after the holidays, I immediately developed a plan of attack for the re-take and put it in action. When I re-took the exam in the Spring, I felt so much more prepared and I passed.

So the point of it all is don't get hung up on the disappointment in not passing, use it as an opportunity to be more prepared the next time.

Okay, any suggestion for repeater.
Same logic applies, using diagnostics and previous experience from taking the test to identify deficiencies. I know people who took multiple times (>3) before finally passing and one of those people literally had to take the time to re-learn some subject areas because it had been so long since they had been out of school.

I know for some people who will find out any day now that they didn't pass, it will be disappointing and some people might even feel devastated, but keep things in perspective. It's really JUST a test and failing it is not going to define your professional career unless you choose not to retake it, you get an opportunity to retake said test and you get a diagnostics of said test so you know what areas you need to focus your studying on the next go around. 

Right around this time last year I got my results and saw that I failed, and not even a full day afterwards I turned my attention to re-taking the exam. Even though I took some extended time to decompress until after the holidays, I immediately developed a plan of attack for the re-take and put it in action. When I re-took the exam in the Spring, I felt so much more prepared and I passed.

So the point of it all is don't get hung up on the disappointment in not passing, use it as an opportunity to be more prepared the next time.
Hey everyone look at Mr. Fancypants with his license.

4 minutes ago, Halley_guo said: Okay, any suggestion for repeater.
Same logic applies, using diagnostics and previous experience from taking the test to identify deficiencies. I know people who took multiple times (>3) before finally passing and one of those people literally had to take the time to re-learn some subject areas because it had been so long since they had been out of school.
I know you?

Pretty sure I don't know you either...

thegalileosevenhd427.jpg

Back