What does this mean? Examination Audit?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texasEE

Reaction score
From the December 2016 PE Newsletter:
http://ncees.org/wp-content/uploads/Licensure-Exchange_December-2016.pdf

The Committee on Examination Audit conducts regular audits of the NCEES exam program. This year, it will review administrations of the following PE exams: Electrical and Computer, Fire Protection, Mining and Mineral Processing, and Naval Architecture and Marine. It will also audit standardsetting studies for the PE Mechanical exam and the PE Mining and Mineral Processing exam.

Let's try to have 1 or 2 serious answers along the spamming? :)

From the December 2016 PE Newsletter:
http://ncees.org/wp-content/uploads/Licensure-Exchange_December-2016.pdf

The Committee on Examination Audit conducts regular audits of the NCEES exam program. This year, it will review administrations of the following PE exams: Electrical and Computer, Fire Protection, Mining and Mineral Processing, and Naval Architecture and Marine. It will also audit standardsetting studies for the PE Mechanical exam and the PE Mining and Mineral Processing exam.

Let's try to have 1 or 2 serious answers along the spamming? :)
I believe this to be a standard practice, but I wouldn't release anything to the public until the audit is finished.

12 minutes ago, texasEE said: From the December 2016 PE Newsletter:http://ncees.org/wp-content/uploads/Licensure-Exchange_December-2016.pdf

Let's try to have 1 or 2 serious answers along the spamming? [emoji4]
I believe this to be a standard practice, but I wouldn't release anything to the public until the audit is finished.
That means an additional 2 week delay. But now for the Civil PE!!?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Haha. Other than Electrical, does anyone actually sign up for those other exams? Maybe the audit is to determine their future fate.

Haha. Other than Electrical, does anyone actually sign up for those other exams? Maybe the audit is to determine their future fate.
Mechanical is part of that mix. Honestly, I considered the fire protection one because I used to be in terrestrial and spacecraft fire safety and, later, facilities engineering. I still know most of the NFPA electrical codes by heart

Mechanical is part of that mix. Honestly, I considered the fire protection one because I used to be in terrestrial and spacecraft fire safety and, later, facilities engineering. I still know most of the NFPA electrical codes by heart
That sounds like pretty interesting stuff. Not trying to knock those other exams, I just wonder how profitable it can be if very few people take them. For example, one time years ago I saw the PE Nuclear pass rate was 0%. So did one person take it and fail?

That sounds like pretty interesting stuff. Not trying to knock those other exams, I just wonder how profitable it can be if very few people take them. For example, one time years ago I saw the PE Nuclear pass rate was 0%. So did one person take it and fail?
No

Actually, it's not good and certainly isn't SOP.

It means they are considering invalidating all exams. Tough break.

Back