Hello from NYC

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arjay

Reaction score
Hello everyone!  I've been lurking for weeks while researching for info for taking the FE and hopefully the PE soon for Civil Engineers.  So here's something about myself:

1. I graduated from the Philippines in 1996 with BS in Civil Engineering and passed the Phil. Board Exams the same year.
  2. I have been in Project Controls Scheduling and Cost since 1997.
  3. I worked locally for 7 yrs and went to Dubai, UAE for 5 years until 2009. 
  4. Migrated to the US in 2010.  4 of my 5 years of work here are in transportation, mainly consultant to MassDOT, TxDOT and MTA and 1 year in O&G in Houston.
I am working on getting my EIT/FE and its been so hard to refresh being 20 yrs removed from school.  I am going to get the School of PE class for FE for Jan and Feb of next year and hopefully succeed in getting the FE.

I'll worry about the PE later.  

Would really appreciate some tips that would help me on my review and exams.

I'll see you around guys. :D

Hello Arjay, I was in your position 6 years ago. I am from the Philippines too! Graduated 1993. Migrated here 2004. Took FE on 2010 and just passed PE recently. To study for the FE, I practiced with sample exams I copied from my coworker and also the Ncees sample exam. I did not get to solve all the problems in the big FE review book though. I just practiced with a lot of problems and skipped relearning chemistry ?. Good luck!

Hi mssuthnr!

Wow its really nice to know about your experience!  Now I'm more motivated than ever :D   So did you enroll in any refresher classes?  I just registered for a School of PE class for January.  My employer sponsored me so I'm really glad and I'm sure it's going to help me a lot.  I did a quick run of some math topics in Coursera in November and I feel like I really have to take a refresher on the theories and principles first.  I think at this stage I can more or less remember half of them lol!

I know its going to be hard but I'm actually really excited.  Wish me luck and Congrats on your PE :)  

Hi mssuthnr!

Wow its really nice to know about your experience!  Now I'm more motivated than ever :D   So did you enroll in any refresher classes?  I just registered for a School of PE class for January.  My employer sponsored me so I'm really glad and I'm sure it's going to help me a lot.  I did a quick run of some math topics in Coursera in November and I feel like I really have to take a refresher on the theories and principles first.  I think at this stage I can more or less remember half of them lol!

I know its going to be hard but I'm actually really excited.  Wish me luck and Congrats on your PE :)  
I did not in FE but I did for PE. 23 years out of school and taking the PE without review course sound impossible for me. It was worth every penny especially when ai passed!!!! You can do it! Best of luck and message me if you need help or more info

Back