Engineer Boards
​ ​
Sign in to follow this  
Aspring_engineer

EET-SE Review

This course and these instructors are the best eduactaional experience I’ve had in my life.  I have BS and MS in Structural Eng.  this course takes you beyond what you have learned in school and gives you the best well rounded exposure to all topics.  The effort and personal dedication these teachers put into this course is unrivaled.  It is certainly challenging and time consuming but that’s what it takes.  Stop searching for a course and your own material and sign up.

anyone looking to sell the study material/book from the class?

On 6/21/2018 at 3:16 PM, Mithrandir918 said:

This course and these instructors are the best eduactaional experience I’ve had in my life.  I have BS and MS in Structural Eng.  this course takes you beyond what you have learned in school and gives you the best well rounded exposure to all topics.  The effort and personal dedication these teachers put into this course is unrivaled.  It is certainly challenging and time consuming but that’s what it takes.  Stop searching for a course and your own material and sign up.

could you (or anyone else) give me an idea of when the review course starts for the april exams? / if you took one or both in an april cycle? I'm not eligible to apply til jan 2019 but i want to test in april 2019 and am wondering when the sadness of studying will actually begin. haha. thanks in advance!!

The EET-USA review course for the SE Vertical starts this Sunday, July 15, 2018, for the October 2018 exam.

It meets on 12 Sundays and 12 Thursdays with a short break during Labor Day week.

Heads up, I took lateral only for April and it was a huge time commit. The average week had about 10-12 hours of lecture in addition to homework problems and a quiz (ideally only one hour) but some weeks had closer to 15-20 hours of lectures. I'd recommend either starting one on-demand early then doing the other live, or just taking one at a time.

I'm planning on one day at a time, but I want to know when I will start studying for the april exam. I know what dates the course starts for the oct exam because it's posted, but april going back the same number of weeks coincides with the winter holidays, so i'm just curious when the course usually starts for that test cycle. 

6 minutes ago, zaidfadhill said:

Is the pass guaranteed with EET? or We have to pay again if not passed?

it says if you fail, they let you retake once, the immediately following cycle. 

On 7/10/2018 at 7:13 PM, ThrustIssues said:

Heads up, I took lateral only for April and it was a huge time commit. The average week had about 10-12 hours of lecture in addition to homework problems and a quiz (ideally only one hour) but some weeks had closer to 15-20 hours of lectures. I'd recommend either starting one on-demand early then doing the other live, or just taking one at a time.

approx what date did your course start? 

also, the lectures - are they viewable on a tablet device? Or will i need to be at a desktop? Thanks for the info!!

The course I took started the first weekend of Jan. for the April exam, so just over 3 months total. They have schedules on the website, but if you're a buildings person you'll have a couple "free" weeks at the end while they cover afternoon bridge material. The "office hour" lectures are generally filled with additional topics so they aren't really as optional as they may look from the schedule.

They used Adobe Connect for the lectures - I watched them all on my laptop so I'm not sure about the device limitations.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ThrustIssues said:

The course I took started the first weekend of Jan. for the April exam, so just over 3 months total. They have schedules on the website, but if you're a buildings person you'll have a couple "free" weeks at the end while they cover afternoon bridge material. The "office hour" lectures are generally filled with additional topics so they aren't really as optional as they may look from the schedule.

They used Adobe Connect for the lectures - I watched them all on my laptop so I'm not sure about the device limitations.

thanks! I appreciate the info

I think I'll be signing up to give this a whirl. I really can't afford the PPI or the ASCE courses. If this one doesn't work I'll try out school of PE. Just keep cycling my way through them. Given that I'm a bit late to the party, I think I will be relegated to the on-demand stuff. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rickaccused said:

I think I'll be signing up to give this a whirl. I really can't afford the PPI or the ASCE courses. If this one doesn't work I'll try out school of PE. Just keep cycling my way through them. Given that I'm a bit late to the party, I think I will be relegated to the on-demand stuff. 

good luck! I'll be starting studying here in a couple months. 

It appears I'm off to a bit of a rocky start. I signed up for on-demand and the software is telling me I need to wait for the presenter to arrive. I emailed the director to see if I'm missing a step. 

• fudgey 1

I have been reading these forums for a while now, thank you for all the great advice.  Here is my question:

For those who took the EET SE review course, was it necessary to purchase a SERM or any other review books, and if so, which ones? 

The course seems very comprehensive, and I want to gear up for the exam properly, but don't want to spend money on the review course and then waste it on needless additional references which can sometimes slow you down the day of the exam or are never even opened during studying because you have no time.

On 10/13/2018 at 9:31 PM, nafta2 said:

I have been reading these forums for a while now, thank you for all the great advice.  Here is my question:

For those who took the EET SE review course, was it necessary to purchase a SERM or any other review books, and if so, which ones? 

The course seems very comprehensive, and I want to gear up for the exam properly, but don't want to spend money on the review course and then waste it on needless additional references which can sometimes slow you down the day of the exam or are never even opened during studying because you have no time.

I found the EET review course notes very comprehensive and I didn't need any other review books (the course also doesn't require you to buy any books).  I already had the SERM, but I only used it for the concrete design aid charts.  If you have another source for these, then I don't think you need the SERM at all.  

I did grab a copy of both of the published practice exams (NCEES and Schuster) and found these very useful.

Edited by MB13