Civil Transportation PM

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarneyOnAcid

Reaction score
Regarding the Transportation PM Section of the exam, what are everyone's thoughts? Colleagues of mine in the Transportation Field thought the test was difficult. People in my office are concerned about the results, how do you think you did? And if you were in the Houston section, how about that proctor?

I thought the afternoon portion of the test was very fair and certainly passable. lots of questions that were base from information from manuals so having those at hand was a necessity. I completed the school of PE review and felt prepared, even over prepared. I was sure we we're going to be asked to compute a freeway or arterial LOS problem, but this wasn't the case. personally, I only had 4 questions which I didn't feel comfortable with, still provided an answer but not 100% I got bit right. 

I think it was hard. But hopefully I did good. I think I had 8 that I have doubts at.

I can say there were at least 4 or 5 questions about which I had no idea at all. Would y'all say there are more than average # of theory questions?

The Houston section proctor sounded more like an army commander than a proctor tbh.

I don't know man! I thought the test was hard both parts. There were several questions in the morning and afternoon that I had no idea on. This was my forth and last time taking it. I don't know if I passed or not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I don't know man! I thought the test was hard both parts. There were several questions in the morning and afternoon that I had no idea on. This was my forth and last time taking it. I don't know if I passed or not.

How would you rate this test compared to the previous ones you took?

I've heard the morning was pretty tough too. I took Transportation PM in April and I used every last minute. I was able to at least attempt each problem. Some of them just took so much time!

1 minute ago, nhrrs10 said: I don't know man! I thought the test was hard both parts. There were several questions in the morning and afternoon that I had no idea on. This was my forth and last time taking it. I don't know if I passed or not. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
How would you rate this test compared to the previous ones you took?
I wood say it was the hardest for the morning portion compared to the other 3 times. The PM Transportation was the second to hardest compared to the other 3 times. Lots of Geotech questions in the morning.

There were some easy questions and some hard questions. It's what I expected.

It was my first time, so I do not have a previous experience to compare with. However, I will say that it was relatively harder compared to the NCEES practice exam. Others here who have taken the practice exam, would you agree? And yes, there was a Geotech overdose in the AM test. 

I thought it was pretty much the same difficulty as the practice exam. No surprises. The geotech overdose played in my favor though. Maybe the breadth was easier for geotechs and more difficult for other disciplines? Any other geotechs on here agree or disagree?

It didn't prepare for the exam thinking it would be easy though. I studied as if it was going to be way harder than the practice exam, as that's the advice I got from EB prior to taking the exam. 

Trying to think back on the exam now is tough, everything is so blurry now! haha! When I walked out of the exam I felt pretty good about both the morning and afternoon sessions. I was very happy I studied as much as I did and was very happy I was diligent about buying/locating/bringing ALL recommended references. I am very anxious about getting the results back! Good luck all!

I thought it was pretty much the same difficulty as the practice exam. No surprises. The geotech overdose played in my favor though. Maybe the breadth was easier for geotechs and more difficult for other disciplines? Any other geotechs on here agree or disagree?

It didn't prepare for the exam thinking it would be easy though. I studied as if it was going to be way harder than the practice exam, as that's the advice I got from EB prior to taking the exam. 
This would be a better question for the Geo tech depth discussion thread but if you took the EET course (which I think you did) then I am sure that set you up well for success. That course was excellent.

Yea, I honestly have to say that EET was key to how I felt, which was pretty good overall.  I'll post an update after we receive our scores. 

I found that there where around 3 to 5 questions, in the afternoon, where two of the answers could be debated one way or another. I really hope I answered those correctly. Besides that, most of the others questions were easily found in the references I brought or they were straight foward with no need to search for tables. I did have a chapter missing from my RDG which caused me to guess on one question.  Tip for anyone, hopefully I wont need it, bring all of the references and not just the chapters you think you need. They like to throw in off the wall questions that can be easily answered if you know that its in chapter x page yy paragraph 3. 

I found that there where around 3 to 5 questions, in the afternoon, where two of the answers could be debated one way or another. I really hope I answered those correctly. Besides that, most of the others questions were easily found in the references I brought or they were straight foward with no need to search for tables. I did have a chapter missing from my RDG which caused me to guess on one question.  Tip for anyone, hopefully I wont need it, bring all of the references and not just the chapters you think you need. They like to throw in off the wall questions that can be easily answered if you know that its in chapter x page yy paragraph 3. 
I know exactly which question you're talking about. And to speak to your point about bringing ALL references, I am VERY happy I decided to print the entire HSM as well, rather than just bringing a few tables from it. I came close to not printing it because of how large it is but I told myself "hey you have it, just print it out, bind it, throw it in your suitcase, if you don't use it, oh well, if you do need it, you'll be cursing and kicking yourself for not bringing it."

It was a middle level as far as difficulty. Harder than the NCEES practice exam but easier than the practice exam from EET. I only brought 2 binders so I think knew the material well though there was 1 or 2 questions that I was missing reference material for.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back