It's only been 2 days....42 days to go?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texasEE

Reaction score
Looking at the Oct 2015 thread for pass results, seems like around 42 more days until the first states got results in? 

Ohhhh the suspense! 

Take it a week at a time to get you to the 30 day mark. After 30 days, then start counting down to your projection.

Waiting sucks... good luck!

Yeah, but 53+ (~75?) if you're in Pennsylvania. 

This time period is the worst part of the test taking experience.I recommend burning off the nervous energy at the gym.

Day 3! I imagine this is how the schedule will go:

Oct 31: Each test location will be sending all the scantron sheets to NCEES by FedEx or something. They probably won't get the sheets until end of week

Nov 7: NCEES begins running all the scantrons and logging all the data. This in addition to the manually spot checked sheets probably is a week 2 week process.

Nov 21: They start running statistical analysis on all of the results. This is  probably a 1 week process.

Nov 28: NCEES scrutinizes results of statistical analysis. They also review all the questions that were sent in and flagged by test takers. This probably takes at least 2.5 weeks across all the different disciplines.

Dec 15: With the cut score determined, they determine who passed and who failed. NCEES starts printing their letters and addressing their mailers. Give this process another week.

Dec 21: Just in time for Christmas,  we get the results!

These are just my predictions but I am hoping to see results before Christmas! Good luck everyone

Oct 31: Each test location will be sending all the scantron sheets to NCEES by FedEx or something. They probably won't get the sheets until end of week

Nov 7: NCEES begins running all the scantrons and logging all the data. This in addition to the manually spot checked sheets probably is a week 2 week process.

Nov 21: They start running statistical analysis on all of the results. This is  probably a 1 week process.

Nov 28: NCEES scrutinizes results of statistical analysis. They also review all the questions that were sent in and flagged by test takers. This probably takes at least 2.5 weeks across all the different disciplines.

Dec 15: With the cut score determined, they determine who passed and who failed. NCEES starts printing their letters and addressing their mailers. Give this process another week.

These are just my predictions but I am hoping to see results before Christmas! Good luck everyone
That doesn't look too far off. I know from the NCEES Liscensure-Exchange Newsletters (http://ncees.org/news/) that many of the individual exams start reviewing the problems as soon as the week after the exam. Not every exam committee meets after an exam session. This year it looks like the meetings are: Naval on Nov 1, EE-Control Nov 4-5, Fire Protection Nov 15-17.  The December meetings are not listed in this newsletter, they would be listed in the next newsletter. So it's still too early to know if other exam committees are meeting in December yet.

These review meetings tend to be what causes the most delay. Two years ago Petroleum delayed the results, 3 years ago it was Nuclear, I forget who was the last to go last October.

Nov 21: They take a week off for Thanksgiving.

fixd

Good call @Thekzieg PE! Sorry silly me doesn't know how to link a name!

Last edited by a moderator:
@ramnares p.e. What am I doing wrong? When there is a space in the username do I need to put parenthesis or something?

@GregoryPE, are you trying to link people's names while in tapatalk? If so, it won't work. You have to be in a web browser.

If we felt there was an error to one of the questions, can we submit a request to NCEES to review that question/answers?

you can send them a note that you think a question was faulty, but that doesn't mean they will do anything about it.  

you can send them a note that you think a question was faulty, but that doesn't mean they will do anything about it.  
lol.

Seriously though, NCEES will review any questions that are reported.  If they are satisfied the question is valid, no change is required.

Last edited by a moderator:
If we felt there was an error to one of the questions, can we submit a request to NCEES to review that question/answers?
Yes, but you could just let them look at the statistical analysis, which will bear out a bad question anyway.

Back