How much conceptual is in the actual test?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phatso86

Noob
Reaction score
I've been kicking my butt studying the material and equations, but all the practice tests (complex imaginary, gaffeo, NCCES) I've used so far have had a LOT of conceptual questions. I'm just wondering if the actual test is like this. Completely random trivia.

I keep getting around 80-84% on practice tests mostly because of conceptual and NEC. I'm getting worried that these may be my downfall.

I've been kicking my butt studying the material and equations, but all the practice tests (complex imaginary, gaffeo, NCCES) I've used so far have had a LOT of conceptual questions. I'm just wondering if the actual test is like this. Completely random trivia.
I keep getting around 80-84% on practice tests mostly because of conceptual and NEC. I'm getting worried that these may be my downfall.
I have seen trivia questions on the exam.

How close are all these practice exams to the actual test?

All these problems seem to be the same thing over and over. I feel like I wasted a lot of time drawing bode plots and doing op amps, etc. when most of it hasn't shown up on these practice books.

All these problems seem to be the same thing over and over. I feel like I wasted a lot of time drawing bode plots and doing op amps, etc. when most of it hasn't shown up on these practice books.
Bode plots and Op Amps?  You're studying for the Power PE right?  You should have been concentrating on the subject list that NCEES puts out for this exam and not worry about tangential stuff that isn't even really in the exam scope...  

Back