Solution to move a load between hangars

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello there!

Here where I work we have 5 hangars near each other, and each hangar have a crane to move load from one place to another. But the crane can only move the load inside the hangar, and can't move it to one hangar to another.

I'm thinking on a cheap and efficient solution for this, and here they are:

1ª) A transfer car that roll on rails, and it cross all 5 hangars. But the problem with this solution is that it's very expensive and with the trail nothing can cross on a perpendicular way. Also, the electrical feeding the motor is another problem.

2ª) A rolling table on some specific points. The problem with it is that we have to buy a rolling table for every cross of hangar, and the operator will need to move from one rolling table to another, in order to move the load across the hangars.

3ª) An electric hoist, that can be installed at the pillar between the hangars. The problem is that the load is 12 meters of lenght, and when the hoist do it angular movment, the load will interfer on something that is inside the hangar.

Besides these solutions, is there another one that is more cheap and efficient. I think that you already saw yourself with this problem.

Thank you!

Back