Cut Scores

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glockjacket P.E.

Uncontrollable Engineer
Reaction score
Just heard back from a buddy on the NCEES Power Society, said the exam is harder this time because the pass rate was too high in April.  He mentioned cut score was going to be 59/80

Youre welcome and good luck!

Glad I took it in April... suckas!!!!!! That would only be 3 points higher than the April cut score.

However, only 668 out of 1319 passed in April. I certainly wouldn't consider that to be high.

Just heard back from a buddy on the NCEES Power Society, said the exam is harder this time because the pass rate was too high in April.  He mentioned cut score was going to be 59/80

I sense a troll.

Are you serious?

Isn't the passing rate lower in October usually anyway?

I guess there is nothing wrong with giving a harder exam. As long as they keep passing rate relatively the same with adjusting the cut score.

Pass rate in April was 50.66%.  Pass rate in Oct-2015 was 50.37%.  Seems consistent to me so why would they try to make the pass rate lower?

Where do you guys get these passing rates from?

From my experience the Oct computer eng exam was intense. Countless hours of studying didn't help much...

NCEES posts passing rate.  Cut scores are not released to the public.  If you guys really believe anyone on this board knows or will post actual cut scores, particularly the day after the exam, you're either awfully naive, burnt from testing, or probably shouldn't be a PE.

NCEES posts passing rate.  Cut scores are not released to the public.  If you guys really believe anyone on this board knows or will post actual cut scores, particularly the day after the exam, you're either awfully naive, burnt from testing, or probably shouldn't be a PE.
Except for @Baconator , he knows everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too be fair, I posted the cut score weeks before the exam...not the day after. 

Back