Up at 2:30am typing one-handed... - Shoot the Breeze - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
ptatohed

Up at 2:30am typing one-handed...

... no it's not what you think you sickos!  I am up at 2:30am typing one-handed because I am holding my two-day old newborn, Emily Joan, cradled in my left arm as she sleeps (and as we let Mrs. ptatohed get some sleep).  Yup, our newest spud addition joins our tator tot (3) and fry (6).  I love this girl!  :)  

14445003_1301434819881352_2034416904163549196_o.jpg

• Like 14

Congrats! (I have no excuse for being up this early on a Saturday).

• Like 1

Congratulations!!  I pray she's healthy, happy and hungry.

• Like 1

Great news!

• Like 1

A few (okay, fine, 15) more pics.  Sorry, I'm just a proud poppa.  :D 

P1070269.jpg

P1070254.jpg

P1070235.jpg

P1070204.jpg

P1070161.jpg

P1070120.jpg

P1070118.jpg

P1070110.jpg

P1070093.jpg

P1070044.jpg

P1070050.jpg

P1070038.jpg

P1060996.jpg

P1060936.jpg

P1060933.jpg

• Like 5

Congrats!  Never too early for Halloween costumes:

potato_sack.jpg

• Like 7

Congratulations!

• Like 1

so what were the stats on the cute little spud?      

• Like 1

I hope you have effective means for keeping the boys at bay, cause she's a cutie.  Many congrats.  Beautiful family all. 

• Like 1

And if your wife is like mine, she will want you to post pictures of her that aren't just after labor.  :D

• Like 1

Congrats on the beautiful baby!

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 8:58 AM, snickerd3 said:

so what were the stats on the cute little spud?      

Good question.  She was bigger than her bros.  She was 8lb 4oz.  On Monday's follow-up visit she weighed 7lb 10oz which is "within spec".  She was 19.88in long.  She was born with an impressive second chin, plump cheeks, and some good thigh creases.  Her brothers were skinny when they were born and later plumped up.  With Emily, I get to enjoy some nice chubs right out of the gate.  :) 

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 9:09 AM, kevo_55 said:

Congrats!! Cute kid!!

Getting any sleep?

I do shift one which is from about 10pm'ish to 2-4am'ish.  I feed here milk that Mrs ptatohed pumps during the day.  Then I go to bed around +/-3am'ish and Mrs. p takes over.  But honestly, Emily sleeps like 22 hours per day so there isn't a whole lot of work involved.  The hardest part is getting up to take Kevin to school every day.  I try to sneak in a mid-day nap when I can. 

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 9:15 AM, Audi driver, P.E. said:

I hope you have effective means for keeping the boys at bay, cause she's a cutie.  Many congrats.  Beautiful family all. 

I made it clear to her the day she was born that she is not dating until she is 35 and those will be chaperoned dates. 

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 9:17 AM, Audi driver, P.E. said:

And if your wife is like mine, she will want you to post pictures of her that aren't just after labor.  :D

I was smart to obtain Mrs p's permission before posting those.  So, they are Mrs. p - approved.  Out of the dozens of photos I took of her in the hospital, two photos got the approved stamp. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ptatohed said:

Good question.  She was bigger than her bros.  She was 8lb 4oz.  On Monday's follow-up visit she weighed 7lb 10oz which is "within spec".  She was 19.88in long.  She was born with an impressive second chin, plump cheeks, and some good thigh creases.  Her brothers were skinny when they were born and later plumped up.  With Emily, I get to enjoy some nice chubs right out of the gate.  :) 

mine were both like your boys, super skinny when born.  although they waited until they were walking to put weight on.  both were less than 20 lbs on their first bday.  

• Like 1

I can see the pictures better on the desktop now... the brothers seem to be proud of their little sister... little do they know that she is going to wrap them around her fingers and make them her puppets  :)

• Like 2