Inspirational Quotes

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJmike PE

Game Czar
Reaction score
Post an inspirational quote. It can be just a line of text, meme, whatever. We've all seen them, every now and then we all need one. 

I'll start it out

14470637_667133473462768_37457113145475322_n.jpg

It takes more than going down to your local video store and renting easy rider to be a rebel

Better days are coming - they're called Saturday and Sunday.

A positive attitude may not solve all of your problems, but it will piss off enough people to make it worth the effort.

Marriage Advice

"In marriage, you shouldn't look for someone with good looks and character. You look for someone with low expectations as a high-expectations spouse is never pleased." - Charlie Munger

Last edited by a moderator:
Missed Chance

"I think the attitude of Epictetus is the best. He thought that every missed chance in life was an opportunity to behave well, every missed chance in life was an opportunity to learn something, and that your duty was not to submerged in self-pity, but to utilize the terrible blow in constructive fashion. That's a very good idea." - Charlie Munger

How to look at markets

"The market, like the lord, helps those who help themselves. But unlike the lord, the market does not forgive those who know not what they do." - Warren Buffett

Signing Contract

"It is impossible to unsign a contract, so do all your thinking before you sign, particularly the ones with liquidated damages clause." - Warren Buffett and @Dean Agnostic

I wish I had known this when I was 18.

Six Cs of Credit

1. Capacity. Make sure that you are able to demonstrate to the lender that you have the ability to repay the loan.
  2. Capital. You have to have money to borrow money (For example, cash from your savings or checking account).
  3. Collateral. This is to secure the loan so that when you default on it, the lender will take house your house, car, other valuable assets that could be converted to cash, and etc.
  4. Character. This include your college or engineering degree, work/business experience, the lender will check your credit score, and etc.
  5. Conditions. This include type of industry and market conditions at a local, regional, and/or national economy.
  6. C Student. This demonstrates to the lender that you understand the importance of perseverance. 

Learning Machines

" I constantly see people rise in life who are not the smartest, sometimes not even the most diligent, but they are learning machines. They go to bed every night a little a wiser than they were when they got up, and boy, does that help, particularly when you have a long run ahead of you." - Charlie Munger 

Academic Sorcery

"By and large I don't think too much of finance professors. It is a field with witchcraft." - Charlie Munger

Narrow-Mindedness

"Most people are trained in one model - Economics for example - and try to solve all problems in one way. You know the saying: 'To the man with a hammer, the world looks like a nail.' This is a dumb way of handling problems." - Charlie Munger

Investment is like Marriage

"Finding the right investment companies is like choosing a marriage partner. We need to be hand in hand through tough times. Today, everything may be fine, but tomorrow, if our luck turns, I will need your support." - Jack Ma

Life

"Life is like a snowball. The important thing is finding a wet snow and a really long hill." - Warren Buffett 

Back