• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to EngineerBoards and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Mechanical Standard-Setting Study for PE

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karissa

Reaction score
I'm assuming others must have got this email but just in case someone might be interested below is what I received.

NCEES is seeking licensed mechanical engineers to participate in a standard-setting study for the Principles and Practice of Engineering (PE) Mechanical exam, which is used throughout the United States for licensing purposes. To qualify, volunteers must be licensed professional engineers practicing in the mechanical engineering discipline.

The standard-setting study will take place May 19–20, 2017, in Clemson, South Carolina. Travel and lodging expenses will be paid by NCEES. Selected volunteers will review and rate the difficulty of items that will be included on the updated exam. The volunteers’ responses will help NCEES determine the passing score for the PE Mechanical exam.

To volunteer, complete this short online questionnaire at ncees.org/PEstandards. Also, please share this message with P.E. colleagues who may be interested in volunteering. If you have any questions, contact NCEES Exam Development Engineer Don Colman, P.E., at 864-654-6824 or [email protected].

NCEES appreciates your help with the important study.

Should have added that, if you click the link it states, "Each participant will earn 16 PDHs"

What did the 2 day study entail?   I pictured it almost like retaking the exam and ranking each problem based on a defined set of questions.

@Ramnares P.E. Did you bring anything with you? NCEES will provide more information but it will be a few more weeks but I'm just curious what I actually signed myself up for.

NCEES has a fairly comprehensive library of reference material but I did take my personal MERM since it was tabbed, conversion book, and steam tables.  It's an incredibly good experience. I missed March's session because of work travel commitments but I'm hoping to be there for the Fall.

I'm curious if you need to sign up for anything to get invited. Do they send this email out to all registered PEs, PEs from specific locations?

Back