Aging

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sapper PE LS

Aspiring Couch Potato
Reaction score
It happens to all of us.  First it's a whisker on your chin that you try to convince yourself is just blonde, not gray or silver.  Then, it's the increased waist size, dammit, these jeans fit fifteen years ago, why can't I still fit in a size 34 waist, I haven't put on that much weight, have I?  Next thing you know your fasting for your over 40 physical that the Army makes you take (even though you're only 39, go figure).

So, what tips, techniques, advice do you have to pass on to younger folks about aging.  I'm seeing more wrinkles and grays than I ever thought I'd see on myself.  I'm balding, pretty significantly now, and I am going to be turning 40 in 3 months.  Any advice on how to do this **** gracefully?

Last edited by a moderator:
Time to embrace the hipster grandpa look.  Future Sap here:

large.jpg

I want to punch that guy square in the face.

I planned on ripping it off his chin with my bare hands.

You're right.  The guy in that photo is probably 23/24.

Don't get butthurt just because you have a handlebar mustache, Matt.

No handlebar mustache yet. The hair on my head is about 90% white. My facial hair grows about 95% black. As soon as I can grow a white beard, I'm going to stop shaving. And yes, I might apply some mustache wax from time to time.

shave it. Own that **** like Mr Clean. That's what I started doing.

EDIT: plus if you're a cheap b@$t@rd like me, that means you save that money on haircuts

Last edited by a moderator:
Sap, just have another baby. It'll make you feel young again.

Back