tick tock

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just looked at the book shelf where I unpacked my references after I returned to the house in April. Man, I'm glad I don't have to repack those books!

Holy ****... had a nightmare last night. Apparently there are two cut scores you must achieve in order to pass the PE. I passed NCEES but fell short on the state cut score - no PE. That wasn't cool and took a minute or so for me to come to my senses.

I can't even sleep anymore. All I picture in my head are graphs, charts, and equations. Last night while almost asleep I am pretty sure I developed an imaginary graph relating the amount of time left I had to sleep and how tired I'd be the next day, and just trying to figure that out kept me wide awake...

I can't even sleep anymore. All I picture in my head are graphs, charts, and equations. Last night while almost asleep I am pretty sure I developed an imaginary graph relating the amount of time left I had to sleep and how tired I'd be the next day, and just trying to figure that out kept me wide awake...
Relax. The test is actually kind of easy.

Relax. The test is actually kind of easy.
I agree with Matt, not sure if that's a good thing.

I was worried going in that I hadn't prepared enough plus I tend to be horrible at exams. It was probably half as hard as I was expecting.

I have been studying almost every second I have a chance, I would say I have about 320 hours put into studying, probably more actually, up until now and by the time the exam rolls around it will probably be close to 420 hours. I find myself going through a rollercoaster of confidence and anxiety that I am not prepared enough. I am taking the EET review course (breadth and depth) and have run through all of the practice problems and quizzes given through the course, and I have gone through god knows how many practice exam problems (NCEES, Goswami(2), and a few others). I am using all of my references when I come across an example problem that requires them for more practice using them, I am constantly going through the boards to find some practice problems subscribers have posted. I just do not want to get to the exam and come across a problem that I SHOULD have known. I am not a very good test taker (anxiety gets to me) so I need to start focusing on keeping calm and thinking clear! 23 more days... I think I can, I think I can! 

@ngmakhlo, what depth are you taking? If you're taking EET's review class, you have put yourself in a very good position to pass.

Back