Question on Reza's Surveying Workbook

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maji

Reaction score
Does Reza Mahallati's workbook have equations and instructional text along with the problems? I saw a copy of his old workbook being sold on ebay and it appears to have only problems and according to the seller some of the class notes. I still couldn't find an used copy of Reza's workbook anywhere, so I may just end of buying it new but wanted to know before I sent in the check.

Thank you.

Does Reza Mahallati's workbook have equations and instructional text along with the problems? I saw a copy of his old workbook being sold on ebay and it appears to have only problems and according to the seller some of the class notes. I still couldn't find an used copy of Reza's workbook anywhere, so I may just end of buying it new but wanted to know before I sent in the check.

Thank you.
My version is pretty old, but complete, and it is a true 'workbook', not just a collection of practice problems.  I believe the format is chapter lesson, followed by end of chapter questions.  I think example problems are within the lesson text as well. 

Last edited by a moderator:
My version is pretty old, but complete, and it is a true 'workbook', not just a collection of practice problems.  I believe the format Chapter lesson, followed by end of chapter questions.  I think example problems are within the lesson text as well. 
Thank you.

I have a quite different view on the book. It does not feel like a complete review book. Most sections stop abruptly, not much explanation, mostly list of equations with some example questions sprinkled around. Most pages have unexplainably large empty spaces which makes the book thicker than it actually is.

Mansour's book is much more complete in my opinion.

I have a quite different view on the book. It does not feel like a complete review book. Most sections stop abruptly, not much explanation, mostly list of equations with some example questions sprinkled around. Most pages have unexplainably large empty spaces which makes the book thicker than it actually is.

Mansour's book is much more complete in my opinion.
Perhaps but, just to be clear, the original question was 'Does the workbook have equations and instructional text along with the problems?' and the answer is yes.   (at least my old one does)

... but what is weird is it is called "The Practice Exam Book" on the website.  By the description, one would think there are only practice problems within. 

Please fill out this form to purchase the Civil Surveying Practice Problems including a Mini Exam  $120 per book. The Civil Surveying Practice Exam Book is $120 including applicable sales tax, shipping, and handling.

http://www.surveyingreview.com/order-the-practice-exam-book.html 

Also, it is confusing, are there two books?  A Civil Surveying Practice Problems (with Mini Exam), and a Civil Surveying Practice Exam Book, each for $120? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back