FE Other, Civil, or Environmental?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pk1988

Reaction score
I have an undergrad degree in civil engineering and masters in environmental. I work in the environmental field. But I am really terrible at test taking like these - i took the ACT 10 times! I get major anxiety. I have failed it 3 times already. I was wondering which exam would be the easiest to pass- other, civil, or env? I really dont remember anything about structural/transportation, etc. 

I'll take any advice-thanks!

This probably isn't the answer you're looking for, but the general consensus on this board (based on similar discussions) is there isn't an easy FE (or PE) exam. It all generally comes down to what you're most comfortable working with.

@pk1988, have you considered taking an FE review class? That might help with your test anxiety. School of PE offers (http://www.schoolofpe.com/) review coursed for all three of those exams and EET (http://www.eetusa.com/classes/fe) offers an FE review for the Civil.

I agree with knight1fox3, there isn't an "easy" exam (except for the electrical exams).

My recollection is that the FE exam is really pretty general (even with the discipline sections), although not easy...I would take the exam in whatever area you practice, since you are most likely to be comfortable with those topics.  To address the anxiety issues, a lot of people on this board have set up "test-day practice" exams to simulate the timing.  That might be helpful with some of the exam stress.  Best of luck!

Have you forgotten this already???

View attachment 8591
run-away-monty-python-gif.jpg

And just for your smart mouth comments, not only do I expect answers from you in rectangular notation, but I also expect answers in polar notation as well. That'll learn ya... 

And just for your smart mouth comments, not only do I expect answers from you in rectangular notation, but I also expect answers in polar notation as well. That'll learn ya... 
Nope. After passing the eit and my amateur extra exam, I don't need to do that crap any more.

Back