Registering for 8hr in CA??

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nargissm

Reaction score
Okay... So I think I messed up really major! I registered for the only the 8hr with NCEES and thought the refile form was only for seismic and surveying. Did I mess up big time? Is there any way that I can still sent out the refile form with $125 and still take the exam for October?

Do I have any options. I feel like i f*ed up big time! 
I was also the person that got kicked out of Pomona's exam for wearing the Fitbit in April. FML. 

Someone... please clarify and HELP!!

Okay... So I think I messed up really major! I registered for the only the 8hr with NCEES and thought the refile form was only for seismic and surveying. Did I mess up big time? Is there any way that I can still sent out the refile form with $125 and still take the exam for October?
So, NCEES' system let you pay for the 8 hour test?

I say call/email your CA Evaluator. The deadline for CA refile has passed and technically the board doesn't know that you're seating for this test again since they didn't get the application. And also, I think it's weird how they leave previous authorizations active with NCEES after a testing cycle. Had it been closed until a re-file application is received, it would have served as a deterrent to this kind of mishap. Now, maybe the board will agree to take the late application or you'll have to use what they say to convince NCEES to apply your funds towards Spring 2017. Unfortunately the cancellation deadline for NCEES has passed also (Sept 1st) so you might be SOL.

This sucks. I hope it works out though. Maybe the board will come through.

Do I have any options. I feel like i f*ed up big time! 
I was also the person that got kicked out of Pomona's exam for wearing the Fitbit in April. FML. 

Someone... please clarify and HELP!!
nargissm, if I understand you correctly, once NCEES registration opened in June you registered for the PE Civil exam but you failed to submit a Refile application to BPELSG indicating that you wished to sit again for this cycle, is this correct?

If this is correct, then unfortunately the current process requires that each candidate (that has already had their application approved initially) submit an Refile application so that BPELSG can process that request including marking your NCEES registration as approved for the exam.  Now that NCEES registration is closed for this cycle, no further action can be done by BPELSG in the NCEES system.  However, it is my understanding that anyone not approved by BPELSG will be automatically provided with a refund by NCEES less a handling charge.

Back