Engineer Boards usernames and passwords leaked!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vergilcw

Reaction score
Everyone,

Please IMMEDIATELY change your login passwords for this board (and any other site you may have used the same username and password for). Just today I was checking to see if my e-mail address or login info had been leaked on haveibeenpwned.com, and it turns out that it has.  I found a link to a PUBLICLY available list of usernames, login ips, emails, and hashed passwords. Based on the engineering-themed names of some of those entries, I have a strong suspicion that the list came from engineerboards.com.

Online security is a big deal!  Use a password manager like keepass or lastpass or 1password so you don't have to remember passwords. It is best to use a different, strong password for each website, so that if one site is leaked you're not putting yourself at risk elsewhere on the web.

If your e-mail address is on there, it's likely someone has already decrypted your password (I have had some other online accounts compromised in the last few days, and they all used the same username and password). I am now going through and changing ALL my passwords on ALL websites.

-vergilcw

Last edited by a moderator:
This is from almost a year ago, and there have been multiple posts advising people to change their passwords

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back