EB NFL Pick 'em League (2016)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who will take last place again this year?

• NJmike PE

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • bradlelf

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • MetsFan

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

knight1fox3

Jedi MASTER & Friend of Capt. Solo
Reaction score
Hello EB’ers! That’s right, it’s that time of year again…FOOTBALL SEASON! Last year I organized a regular season NFL fantasy pick ‘em league. It turned out to be pretty fun and kept people engaged during the season (and on EB.com) complete with all sorts of smack talk :lmao: . I think it would be fun to do it again this year as I imagine we might have even more interest. For those unfamiliar with how a pick ‘em league works, please see below.

Basically all you have to do is pick the winner of each game for the 16-week season.  And then assign a confidence point value to that pick accordingly.  For instance, when the Patriots play the Jets, that's a pretty solid bet that the Pats are going to win.  However, when the Bengals are playing the Browns, that could go either way.  So not only do you pick a team to win each week, but you assign the above mentioned points as your confidence level. Each game you guess correctly gets you the points you assigned. Typically the games you are most certain of the winner gets the highest point values. The ones you are least certain of get the lowest. But then there are always upsets too :eek:ldman:  . I did set a weekly tie-breaker but that only matters if you tie someone else in points for that particular week. The tie breaker is to guess the MNF game-ending total score (i.e. Team A + Team B = Total Score). Also, games lock 1 HOUR before the game(s) on the corresponding day it is played. For instance, on Thursday, only the Thurs. game will lock at say 6pm CST assuming the game starts at 7pm CST. The same goes for games on Sun., and Mon. NO EXCEPTIONS! It's not such a big deal if you were to miss your TNF or MNF pick, but if you were to miss the first round of games on say Sun. afternoon, that would be costly because all first round games will lock and you will get ZERO points for those. Let me know if there are any other questions or if something is unclear.

To keep things interesting, last year those who played needed to pay a $10 entry fee. Near the end of the season there was some feedback in making it even more interesting this year and making the entry fee $25. I will create a poll to see what the general consensus is and will go by the results of that. Payouts are for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place gets their money back. If two people are tied for 1st, then 1st & 2nd place will split the combined earnings for those two places. The next payout is then 3rd place.

The way I've handled finances in the past is for everyone to send their $$ to me via PayPal or Google Wallet. It's really the easiest method and less money changing of hands. And PayPal allows premium account users (which I have) to carry a balance long-term. So the $$ is basically going to sit in there (vs. going to my personal banking account) until the end of the season where I will make payouts accordingly (basically just paid back via PayPal). Also be advised, when making a direct payment, use the "send money to friends & family" option or there will be annoying fees associated with the transfer. My PP account is my email address [email protected]. If there are any issues with what I mentioned, let me know and perhaps we can work something else out. Also, NO PAY, NO PLAY. I do not work on any sort of credit basis. Sorry but it’s just never worked out good in the past.

Good luck to everyone who participates this season and GO PACKERS!

TO SUMMARIZE:

1. Post here if you are interested

2. Vote what you think the entrance fee should be

3. See below for the results of the 2015 season

Hi Everyone,

Sorry this is later than intended but the final results and pay-out for the pick 'em football pool are as follows:

1st Place - akwooly - $30

2nd Place - Road Guy - $15

3rd Place - ZcoreX29 - $10

4th Place - knight1fox3 - $5

Congrats to those who placed (and dethroned the Fox). Those that didn't, better luck next season and perhaps we can make it even more "interesting". Thanks for playing everyone!

Regards,

The Commish

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in and down for $25 - KF you should just go ahead and pay my fee probably since you will just be paying it to me later?

I'm out.  Got roped into doing a 10 team league with a coworkers family to fill a vacancy after his daughter and deadbeat SIL separated.

dude it only takes like 10 minutes..
I can barely keep track of whether I put on underwear already as I get dressed every morning.  That's why my college pick'ems from a few years ago on here were so bad...

I'm in. I've never done something like this but am definitely an avid fantasy footballer. Where will you have the set up for weekly picks? ESPN, Yahoo, NFL.com, etc.? Also when should I submit you the $25? Lastly, go civils! 

Back