ICC Fabricator's Certification

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirantuniki

Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone knows about steel fabricator certification process from ICC. We have two projects in San Bernardino project as a steel supplier for solar trackers. Building reviewer is requiring us to have either ICC or AISC QMS approval or he would like to test material on site. 

AISC fabricators certification is very expensive (over $10k) and was wondering what would be the requirements for ICC certifications. I would not find any details on their iccsafe website. 

Thank you,

Kiran

Hey Kiran, what are you specifically trying to spec on the plans?  Choosing a material with a rating/report from ICC, IAPMO, or possibly LADBS for San Bernardino would be recommended in design.  Otherwise, I believe that special inspection for a certified steel fabricator will be required.

Hey Kiran, what are you specifically trying to spec on the plans?  Choosing a material with a rating/report from ICC, IAPMO, or possibly LADBS for San Bernardino would be recommended in design.  Otherwise, I believe that special inspection for a certified steel fabricator will be required.
Hi Mangano,

We are a product manufacturers and procure few material internationally from vendors that do not have ICC or any certifications. We do provide QA/QC reports for all structural steel but SB county insists that we procure material only from ICC/AISC/SBC certified vendors only otherwise they would test all the materials to approve. This incurs additional testing expenses to our company.

Back