FE other discipline exams

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikey308

Reaction score
I want to study for the FE other discipline exam and i wonder would anyone recommend what materials (for minimum) i should get? I got the FE handbook from NCEES  downloaded and gonna get the "FE Review Manual: Rapid Preparation for the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam, 3rd Ed" by Lindeburg  as my main studying materials and will purchase the NCEES   practice exams once i am ready.

I also want to know if  anyone would recommend  the "FE Other Disciplines Review Manual"  by  Lindeburg? it seems pricey ($150 -> $200) and not sure it would be much better or complement to the Review Manual.

i also see a "FE/EIT Sample Examinations"  2nd Ed by  Lindeburg ,would anyone recommend this as sample tests vs the NCEES   practice exams ?

Thank you...

Hi mikey308,

I am fellow FE taker (other discipline) and making use of "FE Other Disciplines Review Manual"  by  Lindeburg.

Though this book is bit on higher end as per cost but I am finding it helpful for my studies.

thank for responding Energyengg. Did you use  any other book besides the "  FE Other Disciplines Review Manual" by Lindeburg?

I am making use of following resources for my studies

1. NCEES handbook(downloaded from NCEEES website)

2. FE Other Disciplines Review Manual"  by  Lindeburg

3 Calculus refresher for the FE exam

4. Schaum's series for some selected subjects ( I am a heat transfer major guy so I am using Scahum's series for all Economics, Statics, Dynamics, Mechanics of Material, Electricity)

5. Undergrad(bachelors) textbook. (I am using these textbook only for understanding the concept)

For practice purpose I am heavily relying on 2nd,3rd and 4th item in above list.

Back