Anyone from CA got his application approved for Oct, 2016?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Halley_guo

Reaction score
I haven't heard anything from the board since I  got an email informing me that they received the application.

.Now it is almost Aug, Did anyone hear back from them?

I am a first time taker, So, I do not how long the procedure usually takes.

Thanks.

They're going electronic?

When I applied last year, they asked that I give them 2 post cards. I hand delivered the package in mid October. I got the first card a week or so later saying that they received the application. I got the second card around mid-November with a number to sign up and pay on NCEES. I think the deadline was end of December or early January so it was about 4-5 weeks before close. They then sent the proof to take to the exam about 2 weeks prior to the test.

Mine went without issues. I have one co-worker who didn't hear back from the board until 4 days prior to NCEES was about to close registration. You can't sign up until then. He was calling and emailing and they just kept saying that it was being reviewed. I'm pretty sure they lost it under a desk. I also had a co-worker who had dropped off her package but had to go there to talk to them. Turns out they put her application with the wrong reviewer. The reviewer that goes with her last name was telling her that they didn't have the application.

When does NCEES close for the October exam? I'd keep that in mind and send your reviewer an email when you're 3 weeks from that. I wouldn't worry until then. You can always email or call then now but most likely they'll day it's under review.

Sent from my SURTAB-722-3G-HD-1S using Tapatalk

I was anxious during the waiting game but got a final approval after all. Here is my timeline:

4/20/16 - submitted application

4/25/16 - application received per tracking #

5/2/16 - deadline for first time application

5/31/16 - postcard confirmation application received with stamp referred for technical review

6/10/16 - email confirmation application received and referred for technical review

7/12/16 - email application approved

7/12/16 - NCEES approved waiting for authorization which should be send 2 weeks before exam

Good luck!

Here is my background:

5 years experience claimed in Mechanical. 5 references sent with 2 signed, stamped ME for 3 months gaps since I could not find anyone in my old job to sign. 3 references for 4+ years with 1 signed, stamped ME, 1 signed, no stamp ME, 1 signed, stamp CHEMICAL. Exempt status for working with large manufacturing corporation.

I was anxious during the waiting game but got a final approval after all. Here is my timeline:

4/20/16 - submitted application

4/25/16 - application received per tracking #

5/2/16 - deadline for first time application

5/31/16 - postcard confirmation application received with stamp referred for technical review

6/10/16 - email confirmation application received and referred for technical review

7/12/16 - email application approved

7/12/16 - NCEES approved waiting for authorization which should be send 2 weeks before exam

Good luck!

Here is my background:

5 years experience claimed in Mechanical. 5 references sent with 2 signed, stamped ME for 3 months gaps since I could not find anyone in my old job to sign. 3 references for 4+ years with 1 signed, stamped ME, 1 signed, no stamp ME, 1 signed, stamp CHEMICAL. Exempt status for working with large manufacturing corporation.
Thanks for your detailed information. I will send an email to them and ask for my application status. 

They're going electronic?

When I applied last year, they asked that I give them 2 post cards. I hand delivered the package in mid October. I got the first card a week or so later saying that they received the application. I got the second card around mid-November with a number to sign up and pay on NCEES. I think the deadline was end of December or early January so it was about 4-5 weeks before close. They then sent the proof to take to the exam about 2 weeks prior to the test.

Mine went without issues. I have one co-worker who didn't hear back from the board until 4 days prior to NCEES was about to close registration. You can't sign up until then. He was calling and emailing and they just kept saying that it was being reviewed. I'm pretty sure they lost it under a desk. I also had a co-worker who had dropped off her package but had to go there to talk to them. Turns out they put her application with the wrong reviewer. The reviewer that goes with her last name was telling her that they didn't have the application.

When does NCEES close for the October exam? I'd keep that in mind and send your reviewer an email when you're 3 weeks from that. I wouldn't worry until then. You can always email or call then now but most likely they'll day it's under review.

Sent from my SURTAB-722-3G-HD-1S using Tapatalk
Thanks, I will email and call then after two weeks. 

Back