Geo Depth Topic Questions-Water treatment?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mricke1

Reaction score
Hi! 

Could someone verify with me that the Geotechnical Depth and Morning Breadth Civil don't have questions on Water/Wastewater treatment?? I got a hold of a friend's testmaster notes from Oct. 2014 for Geotechnical depth and Water Chemistry, Water Quality, Treatment and WWT were included. She confirmed that it was on her test but according to the latest topic breakdown from NCEES , I don't see Water on there! Is it safe to omit reviewing it??

I'm actually planning on taking the April 2017 test. I took 3 years away from engineering and now that I'm back in the industry, I've decided to get my PE. Keep in mind, I do Business Development so I still don't technically engineer. 

View attachment NCEES Topics for Geo.pdf

I'm taking the geo depth this October and I am not reviewing any wastewater or water treatment related topics. Groundwater control, seepage, Darcy's Law, etc. is fair game though. 

I have the EET binder for geo depth and there is no material covering what you mentioned. Study what you will, but I wouldn't recommend it. 

Awesome! It's bittersweet for me thought. I actually can understand and answer the WWT and WT questions. I would give anything to trade it off for Transportation and construction lol

Thanks for the reply!

I know that binder. One co-worker made it available for us who were taking it October 2015 and April 2016 and swore by it. The two people who used it are each on their 3rd time taking the test. I think this time they realized the test has changed. I took one look at it and couldn't be bothered and passed taking it once. Your time is better spent on water stuff as they relate to geotech (seepage/flow, conductivity/permeability, groundwater...).

Sent from my SURTAB-722-3G-HD-1S using Tapatalk

Your post is hard to follow @jijir83. Are you praising or disapproving the EET binder?
I'm referring to the testmaster binder from 2014 being passed around our office. The people who took the test back then swear by it. The people who've used it for April 2015, October 2015 and April 2016 have all failed so far. They're on their 3rd attempt. I took a look at it in the beginning, thinking that I was missing out, only to find out that the topics didn't line up well with NCEES' test plan they put out in spring 2015. So I didn't use it. I took the test in April 2016 and passed using All-in-One reference book and doing a bunch of problems.

My point is, the test got reworked after 2014. So unless you're using something from 2014 and before to help you brush up on a topic, don't spend much time on it. All that water treatment and water resources stuff was pulled out. Water topics are reduced mostly to geotech concepts.

Sent from my SURTAB-722-3G-HD-1S using Tapatalk

I took the test in April this year and can confirm there is no water/wastewater treatment questions on the exam.

Back