October 2016 Environmental Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurel_yea

Reaction score
I am new to this forum. I'm taking the Environemtal exam in October 2016. I'm wondering if anyone has the notes packet from the University of Delaware review course that they'd be willing to sell. I'm thinking of signing up for the NC State review course. Thanks!

I can't help you with the notes, but I used the NC State DVDs when I took the exam four years ago and would recommend it.  It looks like the on-demand online course is the same content I used.  I don't work in water or wastewater and I thought those modules were especially useful.

I used both Delaware and NC State review.  Both had pros and cons.  The notes with NC State were very useful.

Guys-A newbie question here. How in-depth are the Math questions on the Environmental section of the PE? Do they go in to details such as Probability, Matrices etc.? I am trying to economize time and thought I could use your input. 

Thanks!

They aren't particularly in-depth, though there are potentially probability/statistics questions.  I wouldn't study other math sections of your references specifically, just refresh yourself as you solve other problems.

I agree.  You may very well see one or two pure math problems on the exam, but I disagree that they will be of a specific type - I am guessing that they change them up, based on my experience.  But that might be 1 or 2 questions out of 100.  If you study and practice the real engineering problems enough, you should be able to knock out any random math-type problems that they throw in there.

Back