EIT Mathematics- Study material

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

energyengg

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to the forum. Can someone suggest me study material for Mathematics section of the EIT examination?

Thank you,

Thank you, @matt267 PE.  Can you also suggest some study material (mostly to cover practice problems) for engineering mechanics subjects such as statics and dynamics? At present I am following undergraduate textbook by Hibbler for these two topics. I am also using Schaum's outline series for mechanics.

Khan academy has some videos on those topics too. I used my college books and the fe reviews manual for statics and dynamics.

appreciate your inputs and information, @matt267 PE. I will make use of khan academy links.

Just brush up on the stuff ... I wouldn't revisit 3 semesters of calculus or Diffy Q for this test. Remember, the problems are 2 minute problems. Most you will be able to solve with a calculator or lookup table.

Make sure your algebra is rock solid, this is what you will need in the other sections when you need to manipulate equations and such. IMO, this is far more important than remembering Diffy Q, of which you may see 1 problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you @ John QPE. This is really a good tip. Though my college algebra was extremely good, I am brushing up on that too. As you rightly mentioned, I am witnessing, the use of mathematics sections, in various other sections of the exam.

Back