Better reference material Mansour or EET?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nightwing

Reaction score
What is the better reference material Mansour or EET? I heard for the Transportation Depth the book from Mansour is good and the other reference materials like the Green Book or HCM is not needed. Also, I heard good things about the EET Binder and that it covers all the Transportation Depth. I hear that both materials are detailed and either material will be more than enough for the exam. Can anyone confirm this? what is better Mansour or EET?

Mansour will provide better guidance if you choose to go your studies alone. EET binders will be of little use to you if you do not enroll in the class, they aren't a textbook, they are a supplement to the class. Whoever told you that the Green Book or HCM was unnecessary, regardless of what study guide you purchase, is an idiot.

A lot of times, review material will include excerpts of many of the needed tables and charts from the NCEES listed reference material, but they can't include everything and since you don't know what the exam will throw at you, there really is no substitute for also having the full references (at least the main ones - GDHS, HCM, MUTCD, RDG). 

Back