Did anyone got 52 in transportation and failed?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haali

Reaction score
Anyone failed the April civil transportation with a 52 score? 

If everybody gets a 100% would they still fail some?
Sarcasm right? I don't read them very well. haha!

I'm thinking they wouldn't be able to though. However, I'm thinking if a number of people got 80/80 and a number had 79/80, they would fail those with that 79/80. 

Co-worker got 56/80 with a geotech afternoon (70%) and a number of people on this board reported 57/80 but failed. 

What difference does it make? It's a pass or fail test.
Human behavior combined with engineer compulsion for data evaluation. Somehow that process of finding out helps you make it through the end of the infuriating experience. So, it makes a difference. "How close was I?", "Should I get a recount?"... That's usually what's behind these kinds of questions. Finding out that you were 1 point from the passing score is demoralizing but gives you the boost in the end that you weren't that far off compared to the bulk of your peers. Finding out that you were 10 questions from passing, is even more demoralizing but in the end it's good to know that you really have to work much harder to get over the curve next time.

Either way, it's psychological. Therefore, I shall not judge.

Sarcasm right? I don't read them very well. haha!

I'm thinking they wouldn't be able to though. However, I'm thinking if a number of people got 80/80 and a number had 79/80, they would fail those with that 79/80. 

Co-worker got 56/80 with a geotech afternoon (70%) and a number of people on this board reported 57/80 but failed. 

Human behavior combined with engineer compulsion for data evaluation. Somehow that process of finding out helps you make it through the end of the infuriating experience. So, it makes a difference. "How close was I?", "Should I get a recount?"... That's usually what's behind these kinds of questions. Finding out that you were 1 point from the passing score is demoralizing but gives you the boost in the end that you weren't that far off compared to the bulk of your peers. Finding out that you were 10 questions from passing, is even more demoralizing but in the end it's good to know that you really have to work much harder to get over the curve next time.

Either way, it's psychological. Therefore, I shall not judge.
The answer is no - all would pass.

"NCEES scores each exam with no predetermined percentage of examinees that should pass or fail."

The probability of every person getting 100% is higher than that of frog having wings.
Are you sure about that?  evolution has the benefit of continuing as long as there are frogs.  The possibility of every person getting 100% is dependant on how long NCEES is the administering party.  That said, your question was idiotic to begin with, thus you will get idiotic responses.

Are you sure about that?  evolution has the benefit of continuing as long as there are frogs.  The possibility of every person getting 100% is dependant on how long NCEES is the administering party.  That said, your question was idiotic to begin with, thus you will get idiotic responses.
Frogs would become extinct first before they evolve into flying creatures because of civil engineering activities.

633486.jpg

Back