New Industrial PE in Michigan

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beav43

Reaction score
Hello EB - I've posted a few times, but want to introduce myself and say thanks for this great resource.

I am an industrial engineer in Michigan, with my BS and MS from Kettering University.  I've spent most of my career as a Management Consultant, but recently joined the health-care industry.  Getting my PE license was mostly a personal goal, rather than something I have a particular plan for.  As some of you may have learned, finding good material for the Industrial exam isn't particularly easy, and the PE process here in Michigan is fairly vague.  So this forum was hugely helpful as I was really struggling to prepare for the exam.  I was probably a bit underprepared, but I passed on my first try in April!

Now that I have the license, I am curious to hear from other Industrial PE's how they have utilized their license.  What documents do you actually sign-off on?
If there is an appropriate sub-forum for this type of questions, please let me know and I'll post there.

Thanks again to everyone who provides information and support - glad to be a part of this community!

You should check with your state board on what requires a seal/signature. The FL board just sent their quarterly newsletter with updated rules and regulations regarding the seal/sign. It basically comes down to any report, drawing, recommendation or other document that may be filed/recorded as a final document. I think it pertains to any building permit documents and anything that might eventually end up in the court records.

Back