RISA-Revit Link

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mangano

Reaction score
We have a file that is crashing Revit 2016 midway through the export to RISA, using the RISA-Revit Link.  All software is on the same machine and update to the latest version.  I am currently working with RISA and Revit support departments.  Any advice?

RRlink.jpg

Unfortunately you'll have to work with the support folks. Without having the files ourselves, we cannot really try to duplicate the crash. Josh at Risa had me in the past with similar issues.

Good luck and sorry that I don't have better news for you.

Not a problem!  This file came from the client (Arch) and we were hoping to use a quick turnaround in modelling.  I have employed the services of Revit and RISA support and they were both able to duplicate the crash, but could not yet come up with a solution.  Worst case scenario, I pull out the old slide rule (and by that I mean enercalc and spreadsheets)  :B

Unfortunately you'll have to work with the support folks. Without having the files ourselves, we cannot really try to duplicate the crash. Josh at Risa had me in the past with similar issues.

Good luck and sorry that I don't have better news for you.
Thanks for the insight. btw.  It's good to know that I'm on the right track with support.

We have a file that is crashing Revit 2016 midway through the export to RISA, using the RISA-Revit Link.  All software is on the same machine and update to the latest version.  I am currently working with RISA and Revit support departments.  Any advice?/monthly_2016_05/RRlink.thumb.jpg.0be60da63ef48924d488583d16bdbf56.jpg
Why can't Autodesk figure out how to gracefully recover from a crash? I hate them.

Why can't Autodesk figure out how to gracefully recover from a crash? I hate them.
On a similar note, this was always my favorite error when working with Solid Works.  The only recourse was to accept fate and click "OK".  <smh>

1462.Catastrophic-Failure.png

Back