Michigan Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michEE

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with somebody at the Bureau of Professional Licensing, and they said that they have not yet received the exam results from NCEES.  They also said that the general procedure is for NCEES to release our results to us via ncees.org and then our Michigan licenses will be issued within 2-3 weeks after Michigan is notified of the results.

I really don't understand what is going on since the NCEES website says that results were released to all states.  Except Michigan?  Seems odd.

I took the PE last October and they were able to get the exam result out the same time as everyone else. What happened over the last 6 months? Did everyone forget? Hoping it is just a new person answering phone calls and the people that know what is going on are diligently typing out license numbers into the system.

At least this person knew what a PE was. Others have posted about their conversation with people they've called at LARA and so far it seems as though no one even knew what the PE exam was.

Has anyone tried the license lookup tool on the LARA website to see if your name has been inputted into the system yet? I tried this morning, but got nothing

I tried my name too but nothing came up as well. I also signed in to the license application page and it still shows pending as the status.

Yes, definitely frustrating.  The last call I had to LARA was back in January and the woman who answered was very helpful and seemed to know the process very well - though I did get the impression that their staff was pretty limited.  Hopefully there hasn't been some critical turnover since then...

I don't think results are even close to being posted on the LARA license lookup. The lady I talked to attempted to check for my license but indicated that they (as in her department) had not received the exam results and had not yet started activating licenses.  So I'm thinking the results must have been sent to a different division of the Michigan board.  

I'm thinking it might be this group of people (http://www.michigan.gov/snyder/0,1607,7-277-57738_57679_57726-249727--,00.html), so I sent them an email a little while ago.  The phone number listed on the page will take you right to the BPL people I called.  I'm getting really sick and tired of this runaround.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised, though... I submitted my application for licensure back in October 2015 and wasn't notified that I was eligible until days before the April 2016 exam cutoff.

So confusingly, I got the following 2 emails:

3:44(EST) - From NCEES saying that my results were available (Passed Industrial!!)
3:47(EST) - From LARA (in response to my inquiry email this morning) saying that they have not received results from NCEES and to keep waiting.

So I have no idea what's going on, but at least we have results! Hope you guys got good news.  And if not, best of luck next year.

So confusingly, I got the following 2 emails:

3:44(EST) - From NCEES saying that my results were available (Passed Industrial!!)
3:47(EST) - From LARA (in response to my inquiry email this morning) saying that they have not received results from NCEES and to keep waiting.

So I have no idea what's going on, but at least we have results! Hope you guys got good news.  And if not, best of luck next year.
Take screen shots!!!

Back