Have to take it again?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clemson CE P.E.

Reaction score
For those that are looking to take the exam again, I can't recommend EET enough.  I know it is expensive, but it was worth every penny and every hour of time dedicated to studying.  The instructors really are good about telling you what you need to know to pass, and not inundating you with information that is beyond the scope of the topics presented.  For the morning session, I only used the reference book they provided, and for the afternoon I only used 3 other reference materials besides the one they provided (MUTCD, AASHTO green book, and HCM 2010).  They highlighted some of the easy trap questions that people fall into, and I recognized several of them on the exam...  

I went through the PPI class and I can also vouch that it is worth the time, you have to still put in your own hours but it is a great booster!

I am taking it for the first time and I am not taking any chances or dealing with the "what ifs" later on.....I signed up with EET yesterday!!!! And I can already access past recordings and start studying. The handouts are on the way too!!!!

Those handouts are immensely helpful. Tab and highlight as you go and when the test is over you'll be thinking "that's it?" 

Or one can consider changing career?
I hope your not serious. I did this. I changed careers to come to engineering. It is soo, soo, soo, F'n tiring! In my senior year, in Concrete class, my professor called everyone out. He said, "if you failed this first test, it has nothing to do with you not understanding. It has everything to do with not making time to understand it. You have gone through mechanics to get here and that's the filter." In my case I just simply didn't want to be teaching anymore and becoming a PE was the dream. I'm not about to quit at this point.  Anyways, 2nd time is the charm. I started EET today (CE Structural). Good luck!

I hope your not serious. I did this. I changed careers to come to engineering. It is soo, soo, soo, F'n tiring! In my senior year, in Concrete class, my professor called everyone out. He said, "if you failed this first test, it has nothing to do with you not understanding. It has everything to do with not making time to understand it. You have gone through mechanics to get here and that's the filter." In my case I just simply didn't want to be teaching anymore and becoming a PE was the dream. I'm not about to quit at this point.  Anyways, 2nd time is the charm. I started EET today (CE Structural). Good luck!
 Did the prof take PE and SE?

For those that are looking to take the exam again, I can't recommend EET enough.  I know it is expensive, but it was worth every penny and every hour of time dedicated to studying.  The instructors really are good about telling you what you need to know to pass, and not inundating you with information that is beyond the scope of the topics presented.  For the morning session, I only used the reference book they provided, and for the afternoon I only used 3 other reference materials besides the one they provided (MUTCD, AASHTO green book, and HCM 2010).  They highlighted some of the easy trap questions that people fall into, and I recognized several of them on the exam...  
This class provided me with the training and tools to pass easily on the 2nd go.  I used EET for the PM portion for Geotech.  Very helpful.  Exposed my 'gaps'.

Back