Virginia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Structures

Reaction score
You can apparently check DPOR license lookup to see whether you passed or not.

Still nothing official from NCEES, but a coworker found his by checking the license lookup.

I'm crossing my fingers that they're not done posting new licensees...  I was feeling great after the Electronics test.

I'm crossing my fingers that they're not done posting new licensees...  I was feeling great after the Electronics test.
You and me both.  But my fear is that they are.  I've found two people on there that I know, and they took different tests.

Take it with a grain of salt, obviously, since nothing has come from NCEES.  But, they're both on there and they took it in the same room as me...so....

What about you?  

Curious, anyone know if VA did that last year too?
Nothing for me yet, which sucks majorly.

I'm not sure what you're seeing.

When I search for Professional Engineers, it will only list people with actual license numbers. Does this mean they have already received their license #? Could they have been licensed previously for something else?

I'm not sure what you're seeing.

When I search for Professional Engineers, it will only list people with actual license numbers. Does this mean they have already received their license #? Could they have been licensed previously for something else?
I suppose so?

I simply searched for my coworkers name, who took the exam for the first time in April, and his name comes up with a license number.  I called him about it and he said he just tried this morning and his name came up.  Oddly enough, he still sees "results pending" on the NCEES website.  He said he didn't receive anything official from anywhere, but saw his name using license lookup, so I'm sure that means he passed.

I just can't imagine that DPOR would've released some of the names but are waiting on others from different disciplines?  Maybe it's my paranoia, but I assumed it would've been instantaneous for all of them.  FTR, he took civil, transpo.

It's certainly surprising, since I talked with a former friend in school who now lives in NC and his name still doesn't appear on their license lookup webpage and they found out from NCEES on the first day.

I suppose so?

I simply searched for my coworkers name, who took the exam for the first time in April, and his name comes up with a license number.  I called him about it and he said he just tried this morning and his name came up.  Oddly enough, he still sees "results pending" on the NCEES website.  He said he didn't receive anything official from anywhere, but saw his name using license lookup, so I'm sure that means he passed.

I just can't imagine that DPOR would've released some of the names but are waiting on others from different disciplines?  Maybe it's my paranoia, but I assumed it would've been instantaneous for all of them.  FTR, he took civil, transpo.

It's certainly surprising, since I talked with a former friend in school who now lives in NC and his name still doesn't appear on their license lookup webpage and they found out from NCEES on the first day.
It may be taking longer since it appears they have to actually issue license numbers immediately not just whether you passed/failed. Could be done by testing center, alphabetically, etc. I found someone listed on their who passed this time and it says his license was issued on 5/20 so it's possible that they haven't completed inputting all those who passed and issue them their license number. When does it say your coworker had his license issued?

I'm with Structures and HokiEE...don't see my name on the DPOR license lookup, but holding out hope that they're not finished.

Probably wishful thinking, but in the past, it has taken DPOR weeks to input all of the licenses.  I figure they would have given the green light to NCEES if they were done.  You gotta also  figure that it's probably one or two folks going down some list -- either alphabetically or by discipline, etc.  Curious if the folks who can see their name are in the same discipline or have last names in the ABCs. 

I'm way overthinking it though.  If I have to take it again in October, then so be it.  Hard not to ruin the weekend, though, with all the speculation. 

I'm with Structures and HokiEE...don't see my name on the DPOR license lookup, but holding out hope that they're not finished.

Probably wishful thinking, but in the past, it has taken DPOR weeks to input all of the licenses.  I figure they would have given the green light to NCEES if they were done.  You gotta also  figure that it's probably one or two folks going down some list -- either alphabetically or by discipline, etc.  Curious if the folks who can see their name are in the same discipline or have last names in the ABCs. 

I'm way overthinking it though.  If I have to take it again in October, then so be it.  Hard not to ruin the weekend, though, with all the speculation. 
I'm kind of in the same boat.  If I have to retake it, then so be it.  Certainly not ideal, but there are worse things in the world.

I didn't mean to freak anyone out.  He simply informed me, so I thought I would try and pass it along and help some folks out who were equally as tired of waiting.

It may be taking longer since it appears they have to actually issue license numbers immediately not just whether you passed/failed. Could be done by testing center, alphabetically, etc. I found someone listed on their who passed this time and it says his license was issued on 5/20 so it's possible that they haven't completed inputting all those who passed and issue them their license number. When does it say your coworker had his license issued?
Both of them are 5/20, actually.

The last name of the two guys I know are both near the end of the alphabet (S and P) and they took it at different testing sites. 

Structures, no worries man!  Trust me, I was madly checking DPOR and overusing F5 well before your message.  Definitely appreciate the intel.  Best of luck to you and hopefully, DPOR is not done yet!   

I am one of the lucky from VA that can see the license number on DPOR with a 5/20/2016 date. I took the Civil Construction exam and my last name starts with K. I would suspect that when DPOR received the test results late Thursday, someone there started assigning licenses to those who passed on Friday. I wouldn't give up hope until you see on NCEES that you didn't pass. It is likely that the task of assigning licenses to all who passed takes longer than 1 day. Sorry that your answers are taking longer than you wish, the anxiety was killing me so I know it is torturous.

Thanks ekevitz and congratulations on passing!!!  I think you may be right; I did some random license searches and found some that were approved on 5/19/2016 and some on 5/21/2016.  It at least suggests they didn't assign them in one batch.  Fingers crossed and hopefully we'll all know very soon. 

I received notification from NCEES that I passed the naval architecture exam, but I don't show up in the DPOR license database yet.  Hopefully that only means they haven't updated everyone yet. 

I received notification from NCEES that I passed the naval architecture exam, but I don't show up in the DPOR license database yet.  Hopefully that only means they haven't updated everyone yet. 
That's what I presume.  Although, it would be nice if there was some confirmation that the exam on regulations was received satisfactory.

Yeah im not in DPOR license lookup yet either. I think it's because they have to actually assign license numbers which is going to take longer than just letting people know if they passed or failed.

Back