Lindburg CERM Ch. 32-34 for WRE?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielsharma

Reaction score
The NCEES WRE depth exam (environmental section) consists of three broad areas: waste water collection & treatment, water quality, drinking water distribution and treatment. After completing review of Lindeburg CERM environmental section for WRE PM exam, I felt like chapter 32-34 (pollutant & environment, storage & disposition hazardous materials, and environmental remediation) are out of WRE syllabus and the water distribution network analysis is missing. Can anyone clarify this whether I am missing anything here? 

Thank you.

After completing review of Lindeburg CERM environmental section for WRE PM exam, I felt like chapter 32-34 (pollutant & environment, storage & disposition hazardous materials, and environmental remediation) are out of WRE syllabus and the water distribution network analysis is missing. Can anyone clarify this whether I am missing anything here? 
As a two-time PE Civil WRE test taker ;)  I'd have to say the CERM has too many fringe topics and not enough content depth where it is needed. In fact, I felt that way about all the PPI products.

That said, it's a good reference to have on your desk during the exam. 

The topics covered in chapters 32-34 are worth skimming and NCEES may ask you some questions related to these topics, but, you are correct, these are not explicitly included on the WRE syllabus. Water distribution network analysis is missing. A newer edition may have this information, I don't know? It is a good idea to find a resource for this topic. Unfortunately, I don't know where you should look, but I will recommend the EET WRE depth course. It covers most of everything you need for the exam, placing emphasis on the commonly found questions and doesn't waste time on ancillary topics.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your clear explanation. This will save some of my time. I have started referring NCEES syllabus frequently to keep me in track. I am preparing for the October exam on my own without taking any classes. Struggling from the beginning..

I am preparing for the October exam on my own without taking any classes. Struggling from the beginning..
Like you, I struggled through 6-8 months of prep using PPI (and other) materials the first time I took the exam.

It can not be overstated: take a review course. It is so, so worth the money. Your time is much more valuable. EET is inexpensive when compared to taking the exam second time, your loss of social life, the stress on you and your family, kids, fur-kids.

I'd recommend not burning up your summer. Take some time to get your head in the game, then buckle down for an EET review course. I burned out with a 6-8 month grind. In hindsight, I don't think it's a good way to go. I thought I'd need that long to absorb topics, but, truthfully, I needed a good review course that kept me from going down wormholes. Nazrul is a good teacher and will save you a lot of wasted time. 

Good luck.

Back