AM portion was apparently too easy...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clemson CE P.E.

Reaction score
I just heard from a buddy's brothers coworker who lives just outside Clemson near the NCEES headquarters that the preliminary results indicate that the AM portion was too easy.  Since the scores appear to be skewed, the cut scores are likely to be in the mid 60's.

Have a good weekend everyone  :D

mid 60s as in 65 out of 80? Doubt it. Thatd be 81.25%...Seems much higher than the standard 70% baseline. Stop trying to scare everyone! 

I think the cut score is developed from the combination of morning and afternoon. Thus every discipline within Civil will have a different one. Also, highly doubt it will deviate THAT much from the normal 70%.I agree with @Chris C

From reading some of the other threads, it does seem that the Civil AM portion was easier than Octobers. My guess is the cut score will be several points higher than October.

From reading some of the other threads, it does seem that the Civil AM portion was easier than Octobers. My guess is the cut score will be several points higher than October.
What was the cut score in October?

Shall I dare ask what your score was? 

although with the FE now computer based they could move the test to saturday so most people wouldn't have to take a day off of work,  

What was the cut score in October?

Shall I dare ask what your score was? 
hqdefault.jpg

it does seem that the Civil AM portion was easier than Octobers
Maybe that's because most of us took it for a second time, having studied another 4 months :/

although with the FE now computer based they could move the test to saturday so most people wouldn't have to take a day off of work,  
What! And burn another Saturday in the name of NCEES?! No way! Saturday >> Work

the apparent easy questions are the most tricky ones. Don't be surprised if you end up getting those wrong. I did notice a nice pattern on my scantron sheet this time around so i had that going for me, which was nice....

the apparent easy questions are the most tricky ones. Don't be surprised if you end up getting those wrong. I did notice a nice pattern on my scantron sheet this time around so i had that going for me, which was nice....
I can second that for my Civil AM session. They laid quite a few traps in those easy-looking questions. The one that got 0 (can't be too specific here)...you know what I am talking about. 

True but I feel that the tricks were blatantly obvious and more often than not, two of them could get eliminated quickly. There were only a few you'd have to read the question a couple times to make sure. The PM geotech seemed peppered with them though. And those were really annoying. It took more thinking, referencing and rationalizing to get to a probable answer for a good number of them. And so many words. Words. Words. I hate words.

I can second that for my Civil AM session. They laid quite a few traps in those easy-looking questions. The one that got 0 (can't be too specific here)...you know what I am talking about. 
I'm pretty sure I got that one, but I was livid that it was on the test. Because, I mean, really? Is that something that we REALLY, TRULY need to know as a professional engineer?

Back