Advice for someone retaking the CA PE

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sassybear

Reaction score
Hi guys-

Just looking for some advice from you folks. I am retaking the PE exam in CA. I passed the surveying and now will retake the 8 hour and seismic. For seismic, I'm using Hiner on demand classes and working his problems. I feel like I didn't give seismic what it was due before, and now I've started studying much earlier and feel like if I go through everything at least twice, I'll be ok. Any additional advice from anyone who went through this process once/twice/five times as to how I could approach this differently or better?

For the 8-hour I'm reviewing all the topics again using School of PE on demand classes and I plan on working as many problems as possible. I'm worried that this approach is the same as before, and may not get me there. I really would like some advice on how to better prepare for the 8-hour particularly geo afternoon. I did really well on Geo in the morning but just ok in the afternoon. I really don't want to take this exam again and as it draws nearer, I'm getting really anxious. Any advice will be much appreciated.

Back