Practice Exams and guidance

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulls2030

Reaction score
I am taking the PE Civil Transportation exam in April 2016. My first time taking it (and want it to be my last). I graduated from college with my bachelors in civil in May 2015

I just started studying 2-3 days ago. I was wondering if anyone could give me some good advice on how to study for it? 

Where can I ge oldt NCEEES Practice exams? (I saw they have one on there webiste but besides this one)

I was thinking to study by going through the lindenburg book 14th edition and tabbing it up and just reading through it. Is this an effective way to study or is there a better way to study in the time I have left?

I really appreciate advice from people who have taken it in the last year (or longer). I really want to pass this and move on with my career.

Would appreciate anyones advice and comments.

I agree.  We're here to help you but, before we do, please do as much research on your own as you can.  Then, come back and ask specific questions.  Good luck.

Sorry. I am just looking for some advice from people that took it recently.

Sorry. I am just looking for some advice from people that took it recently.
Understood.  I'm just suggesting that you read and read.... and then read some more - most, if not all, of your questions will be answered.  Then, when you have specific questions, we can help you better.  "Help us help you."  Thanks.   

Since you just graduated from college and taking PE exam, you must have good 3-4 years of experience + fresh memory from college, so you should be fine!

Study EVERY DAY. Make it a rule (believe me as someone who didn't follow this rule and didn't pass it last November).

Read CERM, I really mean it. Know what is in that book. There were more theoretical questions on last exam than I expected/saw in practice tests.

You can buy old practice exams online. Start with ebay. Get the new one as well from NCEEEEEES ;)

P.S. Bulls = USF?

Everything you need to know is already spelled out. Grab some coffee and happy reading!

Last edited by a moderator:
Since you just graduated from college and taking PE exam, you must have good 3-4 years of experience + fresh memory from college, so you should be fine!

Study EVERY DAY. Make it a rule (believe me as someone who didn't follow this rule and didn't pass it last November).

Read CERM, I really mean it. Know what is in that book. There were more theoretical questions on last exam than I expected/saw in practice tests.

You can buy old practice exams online. Start with ebay. Get the new one as well from NCEEEEEES ;)

P.S. Bulls = USF?
This is good advice, just don't burn yourself out. You need to take a day off every once in awhile. 

Back