How to note I passed the PE on my resume

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atharaenea

Reaction score
So I'm one of the new kids who were able to take the PE immediately after finishing undergrad. I'll be finished with my M.Eng in May, so I'm working hard to find that first job. I've already got a section on my resume for Certifications, and I have my EIT license #, state, and date there.

I'd like to somehow note I passed the PE too, although I'm not eligible for licensure until I have 3 years post-M.Eng work experience. How would you suggest I put that on my resume? It's not really a certification, and it's also not really an activity or honor... any suggestions would be appreciated!

EIT #xxxxxx

PE # (pending) or (awaiting fulfillment of experience requirement) or (awaiting issuance of license April 2018)

Let them ask the question, then talk about it.

I think this is one of those cases where you'll definitely need a cover letter too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heres what I put "Passed the PE Electrical and Computer: Power Exam in October 2015 in New Mexico. Currently, fulfilling engineering experience requirement."

Luckily I only have one year to wait

Last edited by a moderator:
I put it at the end of my resume in bold font. I think it helps a little bit for my job hunting. 

So I'm one of the new kids who were able to take the PE immediately after finishing undergrad. I'll be finished with my M.Eng in May, so I'm working hard to find that first job. I've already got a section on my resume for Certifications, and I have my EIT license #, state, and date there.

I'd like to somehow note I passed the PE too, although I'm not eligible for licensure until I have 3 years post-M.Eng work experience. How would you suggest I put that on my resume? It's not really a certification, and it's also not really an activity or honor... any suggestions would be appreciated!
maybe put:

First Last, PE(nding)

lmao

your interviewers would probably chuckle at that when you explain

Or

Professional Engineer Not Issued Stamp.

Back