Received Pass Notice from NCEES, but still waiting on State Board?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merb

Reaction score
Hello all,

First, congratulations to everyone that passed the October exam, and for those that didn't, keep trying! Your hard work was not lost and it will better prepare you for April.

Now let me say that it was great to get the results notice before the holidays and gave us all a chance to celebrate. But now that the new year has started and 3 weeks have gone by, I am still waiting for my state board (Maryland) to send me my registration number so I can make this official. Has anyone received theirs in the mail yet? I really want to start this process so I can change my email signature/business cards and get my stamp, but I am so terrified of having a Miss Colombia experience and be told that the results notice was a mistake, and I did not pass. The MD board says they send out letters approximately 2 weeks and maybe it was delayed due to the holiday, but I am just getting anxious.

You wont get a number from MD until after you pay the fee.

I am also waiting for Maryland to send something.  Not sure why it is taking too long, but my guess is because of the holidays.

PA took the longest to get the results out, but they were probably the fastest to get the licenses and registrations out. Got my results from NCEES on 12/23 and got my paperwork 10 days later (1/2). Waiting for the license beats waiting for results though. 

Ha! I'm going through the same feelings here in Georgia. My promotion takes place once I receive my license number, so needless to say, I'm ready already. 

In California we had to wait through the "weekend of hell" to find out if we passed, but our license numbers and wall certificates came right away. Got mine up now, but didn't get a raise to go with it :-\

Is it true some states have actual ceremonies handing fancy diploma-style certificates? That sounds rad.

In California we had to wait through the "weekend of hell" to find out if we passed, but our license numbers and wall certificates came right away. Got mine up now, but didn't get a raise to go with it :-\

Is it true some states have actual ceremonies handing fancy diploma-style certificates? That sounds rad.
In Kansas we all have our license numbers and stamps already, but we don't get our certificates until we attend a ceremony in February.  I'm guessing you can opt to have the certificate mailed to you instead, but I think it will be a memorable experience to go in person.

As for raises, I think the days of getting an automatic merit bump are just about gone.  You only get what you ask for, or what you threaten to do with an offer letter from another company in hand, depending on your style.

You wont get a number from MD until after you pay the fee.
I can't apply for the license and pay the fee until they give me a registration number. I guess Maryland is late sending out the registration info for whatever reason, nothing else to do but keep on waiting.

I can't apply for the license and pay the fee until they give me a registration number. I guess Maryland is late sending out the registration info for whatever reason, nothing else to do but keep on waiting.
Yea I know.  I emailed Roberta last night to see what was going on.  Because it has been over 2 weeks (even if you don't count the holidays).

Ohio issues license numbers as soon as you pay the registration fee. But they have a certificate ceremony ~3 months after results are released. So, we don't get our certificates until the ceremony or they mail it after if you don't attend.

Isn't there an online registration lookup that will show that you are registered as a PE and it should also have your registration number. Missouri issues a renewable registration certificate and also a decorative certificate for your wall that you get in a ceremony a few months later. I know I could lookup my info online for a few weeks before I received the regular registration in the mail.

Isn't there an online registration lookup that will show that you are registered as a PE and it should also have your registration number. Missouri issues a renewable registration certificate and also a decorative certificate for your wall that you get in a ceremony a few months later. I know I could lookup my info online for a few weeks before I received the regular registration in the mail.
Yes there is an online search for active licences, but my name doesn't show up. My guess is that this is where the fee is required to become "active" and listed on the search. 

I emailed Roberta and she e-mailed me back with a registration number.

Back