New Era in Sap Household

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sapper PE LS

Aspiring Couch Potato
Reaction score
So, we've reached a new era in the sapper home.  After basically 11 years (there was a couple years break between number 1 and number 2) we are done with cribs and changing tables.

Little Sap #3 graduated to his big boy bed today.  Last night, I put him to bed, half an hour later I hear crying so I go in to check on him and he's standing outside his crib reaching in trying to get his blankie.  That's the third time he's climbed out of his crib.  So, rather than wait for him to fall and get a concussion, I assembled his big boy bed today.  Tonight when he's all tired and anxious and waiting for Santa, he'll be excited to sleep because it will be his new big boy bed... or at least that is the hope.  I'm not holding my breath though.

Regardless, the celebration is still worth having.  There shall be no more cribs in my home.  So while we were at it, we deep sixed the changing table too which actually hasn't really been used for quite some time anyway, but was just taking up space in his room.

That is a good step.

I noticed the other day, that my youngest is now so fully self sufficient, that life became much easier for us, and I didn't even notice it happening.  He takes his own showers, makes his own snacks, etc.

It is nice being able to yell across the house to get ready and meet me in the car, and within minutes all 3 can have shoes, jackets, etc. on and be in the car waiting to go wherever.  It used to be such a chore to get them ready for anything when they were younger.  I do not like seeing them growing up so fast, but I can't help that.

Just wait until your oldest gets in his own car and drives himself to work...........

My oldest will be eligible for her permit in 1 year.  I'm not ready for that ****.
Just tell her that she's done so well at track and field that there's no need for a car.  

Just tell her that she's done so well at track and field that there's no need for a car.  
True.

But she is always asking for me to take her to the games at school, and for some reason I do.   We live 1 mile from the school, she runs 5 to 7 miles after school for cross country practice, then calls to come pick her up.  WTH?

I'm the idiot for doing it.   :)

Sap, the days of yelling to get in the car are sometimes not as great as you might think! (sometimes I want to carry them to put them in the car and get tired of yelling and waiting!)

My older son has been driving himself to school and a few other places for 3 weeks now. it is an odd feeling, we are keeping him on a short leash..

and then they grow up and move out

...and it's gets very quiet...and there are no practices or games to go to.....

Last edited by a moderator:
But then shortly thereafter you have grandkids...

My parents have told me that if they had the chance they would have gone straight to having grandkids. I just responded, "thanks mom, love you too."   <_<

I've still got a 12 year old for another week. so I'll get to phase down to being an empty nester...

Hope I have a few years before I have to deal with grandkids, I have **** I want to do!

Back