PPI and ASCE emails fortell anything?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sooner100

Reaction score
Like many of you, I got PPI email almost every week after the exam. I even got one the day before the results were released. I have not gotten any after the results were released though. 

So, all of these email messages don't mean anything (pas or fail). I wonder how they get our contact email. I know a local group in my state got email address of all Civil PE exam candidates. They were offering refresher courses in the weekends. I guess the state board or the NCEES releases contact information of exam candidates or it may be a public record???

They mean absolutely nothing but frequently are used to gauge how stressed someone is about the results. I think if you contact PPI about anything you get put in the spam mail system.

I wonder how they get our contact email. I know a local group in my state got email address of all Civil PE exam candidates. They were offering refresher courses in the weekends. I guess the state board or the NCEES releases contact information of exam candidates or it may be a public record???
I think it's a public record thing for your state. If you go to your state's licensing page, you'll probably see where you can "verify a license" and most have where you can download a file with all of the data. NCEES itself isn't a government agency, so I don't think they have to comply with FOIA requests or anything like that.

I got one from PPI the day after I got my result - I passed. Just adding to the observations that the email doesn't mean anything. Well.........it means that PPI knows that some of us who attempted will fail and that's a good time to advertise. So they send out emails around the time the results are released. Don't read any more into it.

I got one from PPI the day after I got my result - I passed. Just adding to the observations that the email doesn't mean anything. Well.........it means that PPI knows that some of us who attempted will fail and that's a good time to advertise. So they send out emails around the time the results are released. Don't read any more into it.
Agree. I am still getting those in my junk folder. 

That and since the OCT results come out just before Christmas, they figure they can get a few takers because of the holiday gift giving etc.

Back