NJ Minimum Passing Score Revealed for FE and PE

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a 68% the first time (and I failed) - so if that is true, it is devastating.  TWO MORE PROBLEMS!  AH!  Oh well, it's over and done with.

I had a 68% the first time (and I failed) - so if that is true, it is devastating.  TWO MORE PROBLEMS!  AH!  Oh well, it's over and done with.
That hurts a lot. Sorry to hear that. Start tabbing and collecting materials. Best wishes on your next try. 

Assuming at least one problem was thrown out, it was probably 54/79=0.68 vs 55/79=0.70 so one problem might have gotten you over the hump.  Glad you got it the second time around!

Assuming at least one problem was thrown out, it was probably 54/79=0.68 vs 55/79=0.70 so one problem might have gotten you over the hump.  Glad you got it the second time around!
I took enviro which is 100 questions - blegh!

I don't know if I would consider that the gospel, because minimum score implies that 70% is set in stone and I know for a fact it isn't. That may be baseline assumption, maybe? The score is definitely scaled from exam cycles to the next. My guess is that the cut score probably deviates between 54-56 (67.5%-70%).

In NJ you need to be able to drive around in one of their traffic circles without getting lost.

Thank you!  I passed this October's (second try).  I at least got two more right!
I failed the Env. PE exam last April and passed on my second attempt this past October as well.  Congratulations on making the cut this time around!  Getting through 100 questions in 8 hours is a grind!

I have always thought the min score to pass was 70%.  I thought the variable was how many questions are used to evaluate that, and which ones.  Is that not always the issue at question?  Do they not bell curve it so the top score from any test determines 100% and throw out questions that only a handful get correct, because they are a statistical anomaly?  Obviously I have no idea.  But you'd think with a test like this, the test takers should have some idea how it works.

Back