MA Results up on PCS!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just checked PCS and indicates I passed Civil Geotechnical first time out.  Assume NCEES will update tomorrow to make this 'official'.  Couple of Sunday night beers in order.....

Just checked PCS and indicates I passed Civil Geotechnical first time out.  Assume NCEES will update tomorrow to make this 'official'.  Couple of Sunday night beers in order.....
I passed the SE Lateral this past spring (yes, I know, I did it backwards), and from what I remember it took over a week for my NCEES record to update.  So don't panic if nothing is posted tomorrow!

I passed the SE Lateral this past spring (yes, I know, I did it backwards), and from what I remember it took over a week for my NCEES record to update.  So don't panic if nothing is posted tomorrow!
Thanks for the heads up SB....not overly concerned, but would be nice to have dual confirmation.....

Can anyone explain how NCEES and PCS work together on releasing results? I'm trying to explain to a coworker why PCS says I passed but NCEES still says result pending, and am at a loss.

Can anyone explain how NCEES and PCS work together on releasing results? I'm trying to explain to a coworker why PCS says I passed but NCEES still says result pending, and am at a loss.
Disclaimer:  The following is only as I understand the situation, and I am obviously a biased party in this matter.  If someone with first-hand knowledge of the inner-workings of PCS wants to chime in, feel free.

PCS is a private company employed by several states to manage professional licensing, including the licensing of Professional Engineers.  NCEES manages the testing itself (as well as correcting/scoring), then they pass the scores on to PCS who acts on behalf of the state in question to communicate with the applicant.  Once this occurs they allow NCEES to also post the scores.  So technically whether or no you pass the exam itself is up to NCEES.  However, whether or not you are allowed to register as a PE in a state with this system is up to PCS. 

IMHO, it's a serious CharlieFoxtrot.  PCS has a history of errors and false-reporting, so I won't be comfortable until I have the letter from MA in hand.

Don't say stuff like that. I am already paranoid about this whole process. 
I'm genuinely sorry, I don't want to cause anyone additional stress.  I'm not one of those trolls who were posting made-up rumors about NCEES trucks carrying results overturning or making joke threads to try to make people believe results had been released.  I'm just trying to caution everyone to wait for the official results.

I'm genuinely sorry, I don't want to cause anyone additional stress.  I'm not one of those trolls who were posting made-up rumors about NCEES trucks carrying results overturning or making joke threads to try to make people believe results had been released.  I'm just trying to caution everyone to wait for the official results.
I know I'm just busting your balls

Back