For those discovering they didn't pass...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry Ranger, that's really rough. I failed the April civil/structural exam pretty dismally and spent my time studying for October focusing specifically on the areas I was weakest. Your studying for this exam isn't in vain - give yourself a break for the holidays and then get back at it. 

On the bright side, you can narrow your focus on to what you didn't do well on.  Plus, you now have the experience of what the test environment will be like.  Those are two strikes against any first time taker.

I failed the first try also, go out and get drunk, get pissed off for a few days, sulk, then get over it and get back into the studying! It does suck but not the end of the world!!!!!

Also the next test will be just different enough to throw you off if you only study what was on the previous one, so refine areas you didn't do well in and also refresh area that you did well..

I remember how devastated I was when I didn't pass the patent bar the first time.  Second time I passed, I did so as a result of a much more disciplined study routine.  I think that experience helped me prep for this exam.

I failed 1st time taking but very optimistic about passing 2nd go around. Scored 63% on morning and 55% afternoon (Civil WRE), only spent about 120-140 hours total prep time over 3 months.

I failed 1st time taking but very optimistic about passing 2nd go around. Scored 63% on morning and 55% afternoon (Civil WRE), only spent about 120-140 hours total prep time over 3 months.
I got 47/80 as well on geotech.  we got this. Next time is ours. Sucks hard. real hard. I put probably 300 + but its going to be bittersweet when I pass this. I will kill this exam.  I'm happy for those who passed.  We should identify if anyone who had above a 47 who did not pass.  48/80 = 60%.

I got 47/80 as well on geotech.  we got this. Next time is ours. Sucks hard. real hard. I put probably 300 + but its going to be bittersweet when I pass this. I will kill this exam.  I'm happy for those who passed.  We should identify if anyone who had above a 47 who did not pass.  48/80 = 60%.
I saw some one posted 52 still did make the cut. I believe the passing score is somewhere near 70%, which is a C grade. If you recall C is a passing grade for engineering students in college. So, at least 55 answers should be correct. I took geotechnical and passed. Frankly speaking, Lindberg's CRM is not a good reference materials for geotechnical. It does not have many topics like piles, seismic analysis and soil exploration. 

I saw some one posted 52 still did make the cut. I believe the passing score is somewhere near 70%, which is a C grade. If you recall C is a passing grade for engineering students in college. So, at least 55 answers should be correct. I took geotechnical and passed. Frankly speaking, Lindberg's CRM is not a good reference materials for geotechnical. It does not have many topics like piles, seismic analysis and soil exploration. 
We still waiting the result in MI. Since u already passed and got the result. I would like to check this with u.  This what I can see when I click in register button, are u getting same? are u still allowed to register for PE, I mean the registration button is "Available"

Capture.JPG

We still waiting the result in MI. Since u already passed and got the result. I would like to check this with u.  This what I can see when I click in register button, are u getting same? are u still allowed to register for PE, I mean the registration button is "Available"

View attachment 7681
My screen is similar to your yours. But, my PE option is red with a message already passed. There are four exams available for me register that include SE and PS. 

Thanks a lot. I was too worry about.

So you got the result and passed and still getting same what I see.

Let me clarify, I passed and up to the point my results were released it showed "available". Once results are released status will change. Sorry for the confusion.

I checked just minutes prior to results being released and it was still "available". Now it looks like this:

Screenshot_2015-12-12-00-47-18.png

Back