Engineer Boards
Ayerforce35

COME ON CA!

In April I took both NCEES and spate specific (survey) and both results were sent to me via email May 28th.

I received a locked PDF and a email with the password needed to access the locked PDF

Has anyone else taken the NCEES exam in CA and not taken the State-specific exams? I'm just wondering if that changes results release timing.

23 minutes ago, jnuengr said:

Has anyone else taken the NCEES exam in CA and not taken the State-specific exams? I'm just wondering if that changes results release timing.

NCEES were all sent out at once. Then the next day, the two emails for the State-specific were sent out.

2 minutes ago, sushionagrill said:

NCEES were all sent out at once. Then the next day, the two emails for the State-specific were sent out.

Thanks, Sushi, that helps. Now if I can only stop thinking about it...

5 minutes ago, jnuengr said:

I know the feeling. Haven't been able to do a lick of work since I first heard results were dropping...

5 minutes ago, jnuengr said:

I just checked my emails from last cycle.

The 8 hour was sent by NCEES on May 28th at 727am.

First email from BPELS was on May 28th at 936am and the 2nd one with the result was the same day at 511pm.

Good luck

Almost identical for me:

The 8 hour was sent by NCEES on May 28th at 7:27 AM

First email from BPELS was on May 28th at 9:43 AM and the 2nd one with the result was the same day at 5:29 PM

1 hour ago, YAZRABADI said:

come on  CALI.......

Cali is a city in Colombia 

I think in CA they have to do a sustainability study before they issue the licenses to make sure there are not "too many" new engineers out there;)

41 minutes ago, YAZRABADI said:

Any hope results come out during the weekend. 

0%

Sorry.

I hope Cali results come out next week but based on the bloated state agency, I would not count on it . Also CA is one of the few states requiring finger printing which has delayed the whole process . I wonder why we need to get finger printed after PE exam.... I thought finger printing was reserved for druggers and DUI.

I don't think so . I called them and they sounded pessimistic. "Hopefully before Christmas" is what they said . Go figure. I am thinking sometime late next week or just before Christmas.

They will need to update the database. If your finger print did not pass, you may have passed NCEES exam but will not get assigned a number in the database. I doubt if your NCEES exam will show pass ... maybe it will but you will definitely not be in BPELS database. I hope you completed the finger printing and not holding up release of results for rest of us .

The problem started as CA was late to jump in on the finger printing issue (notice sent out after applications submitted) . As a result, I have a feeling lot of people have not done finger printing . If they made this a requirement in application, everyone would have done it (or else they would not have been able to register for exam) . Now the situation really sucks . I am sure lot of people have not done finger printing and waiting on NCEES test results .

All --- if you have not passed finger printing , you will NOT be issued a PE license in CA . Stop holding release of results for rest of us . We are screwed .

Good Luck to all of us here, I do believe results will be released this week. Finger printing is only going to prevent the board from issuing licenses to those that did not turn their finger prints in. 

God Bless and my Prayers to all. 

Why fingerprint delays the result release?

they are independent issues.

Still haven't done mine yet. Figured ^^^this was true.

The problem started as CA was late to jump in on the finger printing issue (notice sent out after applications submitted) . As a result, I have a feeling lot of people have not done finger printing . If they made this a requirement in application, everyone would have done it (or else they would not have been able to register for exam) . Now the situation really sucks . I am sure lot of people have not done finger printing and waiting on NCEES test results .

All --- if you have not passed finger printing , you will NOT be issued a PE license in CA . Stop holding release of results for rest of us . We are screwed .

Mwahahahahaha.

No. Way. This. Is. True.

The whole fingerprinting process is somewhat a mess.  I didn't have to get the fingerprint at the time I submitted the application to sit in the PE Exam so I didn't attach the form with it.  The CA board notified me after I took the PE Exam that I needed the fingerprint so OK, I did that, but then it asked me to attach the print form along with the PE Exam application in order to get license.  How am I going to attach the fingerprint form to the PE Exam application now?  Do we just send in the fingerprint form separately while waiting for the result?  I'll try asking the CA Board, but with all the craziness going on with the result I'm not sure that I get the answer quickly. 

• Like 1