October SE Exam Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nerdy4Bridges

Reaction score
I have been anxiously awaiting the results from the October exam.  Has anyone received their results yet?

Nothing on my end. I know the essays have been graded based on the December news release from NCEES, but nothing yet

If I'd have to guess, I would have to say it would be the week of 12/21.

Whatever happens, good luck guys.

Several states have released their PE results. Hopefully, SE will be released soon.

my results (WA) have been released.  passed Lateral.  failed vertical. :(   will try it again in April.

I just got it, did not pass the lateral (first try).

25/40 morning (wood and ACI killed me), acceptable, acceptable, improvement required afternoon.

Have to say, the test was tougher than the practice tests I had.

I just got it, did not pass the lateral (first try).

25/40 morning (wood and ACI killed me), acceptable, acceptable, improvement required afternoon.

Have to say, the test was tougher than the practice tests I had.
did you take vertical?

it looks like all three essay questions have to be "acceptable" in order to pass.  

One unacceptable may fail you if you have 40/40 in morning.

Mor 28/40 or above may required if you have one improvement required.

when I took first time, 22/40 and 3 ev acceptable......but failed.....Passed April 2015 and got my SE.

Ugh another fail. Discouraging. 28/40 and an afternoon train wreck. Thought it went better than last time. Guess not. Swore I'd never try lateral again and was just going to give up. Not so sure now. Congrats to all who have passed!

Hang in there. I said the same thing to myself after each attempt. You will get there. You learn a little more each time and feel more comfortable each time

To respond to Sellahilan, an unacceptable will sink you on the bridge, i dont know about buildings. My 3rd attempot i got 30-40 multiple choice and acceptable, acceptable, un acceptable and they failed me. I even asked for a re-score and they still failed me. I also know a former test taker who got 35-40 morning and got unacceptable, acceptable, acceptable and they sunk him too

I just got approval for the SE in April.  I plan to split it up.  I think I'll take Lateral first and dedicate now thru April to study.  Does anyone have suggestions on which component to take first, lateral or vertical (bridges)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Finallllly I got this monkey off my back because I just got my results for Vertical Exam. The lateral I passed last Oct 2014. It was a long journey but it feels so good now and the satisfaction you have is priceless. I think the key for this test is to keep going, because every time you fail, you learn from mistakes and every time you prepare again, it gets you better. At one point it will happen, regardless, as long as you keep pushing. The true is that is a pretty difficult test and your knowledge has to be complex and have a good grip on all four materials. Coming from a residential background designing mainly wood buildings, it was a back and forth game to prepare for a more complex kind of structures and different materials. Read all the codes, highlight and tab everything you need to remember and to be able to find quick the reference needed. Also solve multiple times any problem exam style (ncees, 16 hours, etc) because you get very familiar with what exactly they are looking for and how it has to be presented.

Congrats to everyone who passed and Good Luck to everyone who is on the line to take the test!

Cheers!

Haven't heard anything about the SE results in PA yet.  Going crazy waiting!

Haven't heard anything about the SE results in PA yet.  Going crazy waiting!
Good luck - I'm in the same boat, emailed the board yesterday and was told '...we are hoping to receive the results within two weeks...'.  Over in the regular PE results forum people are taking bets in the OCT 2015 results threads and most seem convinced it won't be until Jan.  I've stopped checking the sites, just going to wait for the email to surprise me. 

Back