2015 Oct Exam Rumor Mills

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sooner100

Reaction score
Rumors are flying around. Someone told me that the FedEx truck carrying test papers of a state in the east coast dived into a ditch while passing another vehicle near a narrow bridge. Guess what? Some of you will be asked to take the April 2016 test. 

That's not what I heard...

I heard that a bunch of P. Eng's from the Canadia testing board held the truck driver at gun point and stole the questions it was transporting.

I got my information from the garbage man who works the route NCEES is on in Seneca, SC.  Totally legit.

My uncle's second wife works for NCEES and she told me that they had to invalidate one version of the mechanical exam because they caught someone wearing google glass. Everyone who took that version is going to get a notification that they have to re-test. They won't make the people pay for the exam again, but they'll have to sit again to prove that they weren't in cahoots with the google glass guy.

My uncle's second wife works for NCEES and she told me that they had to invalidate one version of the mechanical exam because they caught someone wearing google glass. Everyone who took that version is going to get a notification that they have to re-test. They won't make the people pay for the exam again, but they'll have to sit again to prove that they weren't in cahoots with the google glass guy.
I'll sit the exam again, but I'll be damned if I need to actually do it again.  ****'s tough, yo.

I heard you have to take a super secret test to get your results at all. If you don't know where to find the super secret test, you've already failed.

I read a blog posting that NCEES is having to redo the entire scoring process for PE exams because one of the psychometricians was caught releasing answers on the dark web and in and amongst the same postings was an admission he'd falsified information used in scoring.  Basically, all the tests he was involved in evaluating have errant results.  Goes back a number of years, apparently and the whole thing is a mess now.  The blog was immediately pulled down because it linked to one of the posts that had answers.

I read a blog posting that NCEES is having to redo the entire scoring process for PE exams because one of the psychometricians was caught releasing answers on the dark web and in and amongst the same postings was an admission he'd falsified information used in scoring.  Basically, all the tests he was involved in evaluating have errant results.  Goes back a number of years, apparently and the whole thing is a mess now.  The blog was immediately pulled down because it linked to one of the posts that had answers.
You had me at psychometrician.

Folks most of these are false, however there was an issue with scantron machine number 762. But that has been resolved, mostly.

What's with all the references to poo???

23bf70cf5a50152a8e1d6b661a2f7e3d.jpg

I heard EB NCEES Rep is actually a scientist sent to monitor our level of psychological distress, for research purposes.

Back