No Oct '15 Transpo comments?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ptatohed

Licenced to Spell
Reaction score
Where are the Transpo depth comments? Of course, don't be specific about any exam questions but, in general, how'd you feel about the exam?

I was not satisfied with my performances on the am or its depth. Now the pm was great, I was prepared and quessing I got 33+. I am right on the break point of 56 needed. May be taken again in April.

I was not satisfied with my performances on the am or its depth. Now the pm was great, I was prepared and quessing I got 33+. I am right on the break point of 56 needed. May be taken again in April.
What do you mean by "or its depth"? AM = Breadth and PM = Depth, right?

The "depth" of problems on the am portion. I guess I should of said "type" but more detail

I agree with the above. The depth of the morning problems was greater than what I expected, and taught in my review class. I felt the morning Breatfh part of the exam was tough for me. The afternoon I felt more comfortable and prepared. I hope I did well enough in the afternoon to offset my poor performance in the morning.

It seems everyone has been bitching and moaning about the AM this go around.

I took it twice (Oct '10 and Apr '11) and I felt the AM and PM were equal difficulty. I remember, I felt very good about 27 in the AM and 28 in the PM when I passed.

I took Construction and the AM was definitely more difficult than the PM.

There was a structures question (whoever took it will know which one) which was definitely more difficult than expected; would have rather had a beam stirrup design question than that one. Then there was that construction question involving a piece of equipment which was difficult... got that one right (i think) because i studied those types of problems a lot for my depth.

Then there were the oddball qualitative questions which made me glad i brought my geotech textbook from college.

If I included too much detail let me know so i can edit my comment (i think it is pretty vague). 

When I took it, I felt like I knew exactly which problems would be thrown out because of difficulty or obscurity. Other than that, I thought both AM and PM were ridiculously easy. I prepared for a year though, and I guess that is what happens when you do that.

I was about the same as you John. I didn't prep quite that long, maybe 4 months or so but there weren't any tricky questions on the exam in either session. I finished an hour early in the morning and close to 2 hours early in the afternoon. 

First time test taker and first time posting on EB.

Took Transportation PM. I was able to finish the morning session with about an hour left and PM session with about 30 min left. I spent all of my remaining time checking answers. I definitely had to teach myself how to do some of the problems during the test because I had not worked those types in my prep. A few were complete guesses because I didnt have the right book or they were too hard to find in my books.

I felt that the NCEES practice exam was quite a bit easier than the actual test. I took the practice exam 4 weeks before the test to see where I was. Got 58/80, then studied my weak areas afterwards.

Overall, the test was more tricky than I expected. I could see my result going either way - which makes the waiting more of a torture! Just hoping for the best!

First time posting on the EB. Third time taking test but the second time I took it I didn't study (long story) and forgot calculator I use for surveying problems. 

I took the transpo and I studied almost everything that was on the test but I still had to work them out. I was running behind on time for both AM & PM tests and sometimes you have to make some educated guesses. In the past I have always tried to use the bathroom half way thru to get blood moving. I went thru both the sessions without going and I am sure that saved me some time. I think this is the first time I ever done that.

The AM felt good/better tham PM. I had trouble on one of the problems finding the conversion and found it right at the end of exam. Changed the answer right as time was expiring. I didn't have the right books on the theoretical problem/s but took highly educated guess. Test felt good and I got "answers" but long wait ahead.

First time posting on the EB. Third time taking test but the second time I took it I didn't study (long story) and forgot calculator I use for surveying problems. 

I took the transpo and I studied almost everything that was on the test but I still had to work them out. I was running behind on time for both AM & PM tests and sometimes you have to make some educated guesses. In the past I have always tried to use the bathroom half way thru to get blood moving. I went thru both the sessions without going and I am sure that saved me some time. I think this is the first time I ever done that.

The AM felt good/better tham PM. I had trouble on one of the problems finding the conversion and found it right at the end of exam. Changed the answer right as time was expiring. I didn't have the right books on the theoretical problem/s but took highly educated guess. Test felt good and I got "answers" but long wait ahead.

lol.  I always took a bathroom break once too.  I knew it was dumb but it was a mental thing.  About halfway through the 4 hours of the FE AM/PM and the PE AM/PM, I would ask to get up.  I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, it was just something I had to do.  Kind of like "coming up for air" before "holding my breath and going back down".  I did not use the bathroom for the 2.5 hour CA PE tests however.   

lol.  I always took a bathroom break once too.  I knew it was dumb but it was a mental thing.  About halfway through the 4 hours of the FE AM/PM and the PE AM/PM, I would ask to get up.  I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, it was just something I had to do.  Kind of like "coming up for air" before "holding my breath and going back down".  I did not use the bathroom for the 2.5 hour CA PE tests however.   
To each their own I guess, I typically try to hold my breath while I'm in a public bathroom. 

I took the test for the first time and thought that the NCEES practice test was much easier than the morning portion of the test. I feel good about the transportation portion of the test.

I used School of PE and CERM exclusively for the AM. Mansour's depth material was the book I used the most for the PM (aside from looking up questions straight out of the references). 

Back