PE Civil Str depth - any idea about minimum pass score

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gogo

Reaction score
Hey guys

Not sure if some one can answer this - any idea how many (minimum) are generally required to pass historically?

Just quit while you're ahead. The cut score is dynamic and is based on a number of factors. No one knows the cut score because it changes. If you want to know the process, NCEES has a video posted explaining it. If you're looking for an actual number, your guess is as good as anyone else's.

Somewhere between 53 and 56 from what I've seen based on previous years.

Just quit while you're ahead. The cut score is dynamic and is based on a number of factors. No one knows the cut score because it changes. If you want to know the process, NCEES has a video posted explaining it. If you're looking for an actual number, your guess is as good as anyone else's.
Thanks. But still there is always a ballpark? I see people are worried even after just guessing couple questions. so is it 78?

56 is usually thrown around as a ballpark number only because it equates to 70% and the general belief is that a C student (minimally competent engineer) should be able to pass the exam.

Have they ever set the 70% mark higher than 56 questions (because the exam was too easy)?

56 is usually thrown around as a ballpark number only because it equates to 70% and the general belief is that a C student (minimally competent engineer) should be able to pass the exam.
I heard of a guy with 58 in April exam not making it. That is the highest I have heard of so far. Just asking if anyone came across any one with 60+ not making it.

Back