AASHTO Roadside Design Guide

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

ctiedt

Anybody have a link or know where to get a free copy of the AASHTO Roadside Design Guide? :thumbs:

Last edited:
I have looked and looked but never found it. It is worth buying if you cant find it or find a photocopy, there are usually at least 2 questions you can pull straight from there.

Anybody have a copy they would want to sell....or at least loan me for a few months??? :screwloose:

ctiedt,

I have also searched for the RDG on the internet with no luck.

Just this week I broke down and asked the local office of my state DOT if I could borrow a copy. They were more helpful than I anticipated. If you know of anyone that would have it, maybe you could ask to borrow it.

I'm having trouble getting my hands on the MUTCD.

Andrew

ctiedt,
I have also searched for the RDG on the internet with no luck.

Just this week I broke down and asked the local office of my state DOT if I could borrow a copy. They were more helpful than I anticipated. If you know of anyone that would have it, maybe you could ask to borrow it.

I'm having trouble getting my hands on the MUTCD.

Andrew

Andrew - I believe the MUTCD is free online somewhere if you want to download it and print it out yourself. I have the links on my work computer, but I think it was free at either the Federal Highway website or at the Colorado DOT site (I think the HCM was there as well).

I borrowed a copy of the Roadside Design Guide from a friend and made a copy of it. Some of my subcontractors and other industry contacts have been more than helpful in copyiing what I need or letting me borrow certain books.

Ray

thanks BigRay, I owe you a finders fee!
I am out in Hazelton PA every so often (in-laws are building a house) - when we both pass the test, we'll meet up for a beer!

I think the link to the HCM is in the pinned topic of Equations on the Civil thread.

Ray

ya definitely BigRay.

where are they building?? Let me guess, either Beech Mountain or Eagle Rock. I live in Beech Mountain.

Andrew

ya definitely BigRay.
where are they building?? Let me guess, either Beech Mountain or Eagle Rock. I live in Beech Mountain.

Andrew
Eagle Rock. They bought the land about 5 years ago. My father in law and I go out every so often to play our two free rounds of golf per month.

They are going to sign the deal with the builder and construction should start sometime in late April.

Ray

Boy it is amazing how topics get way off course!!!
Sorry, I'll make an effort to be less social in the future...

FYI - a friend of mine tried to copy the CD of the Roadside Design Guide - no luck, it is protected and even if you have the 50MB file on your computer, it still needs the original CD to open the PDF file.

Seriously, try any of your contacts that may have a copy - you'll be surprised how generous you local township engineer or the state DOT can be for PE hopefuls.

-Ray

It really isn't a big deal...Be social! The best way to get to know people. I am actually all for it. I just think it is funny sometimes how covnersation takes turns......No biggie!!!

It really isn't a big deal...Be social! The best way to get to know people. I am actually all for it. I just think it is funny sometimes how covnersation takes turns......No biggie!!!

Any luck getting a copy of the Roadside Design Guide yet?

I have the 2002 version of the book. Is it worth buying the new version just for the test?

Back