LinkedIn Connections

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you accept connection requests from people you've never met or worked with?

• Yes

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • It depends; are they hot?

Votes: 13 27.7%

• Total voters
224e40784f9e60e6830218e6067a3336.jpg

I'm actually taking them back right now. Taking them back...to the pants store.

I usually accept people if they're both in the same area and in the same field, and don't have a sketch profile with only like 2 connections.

I wanna say something. I'm gonna put it out there; if you like it, you can take it, if you don't, send it right back. I want to be on you.

I usually accept people if they're both in the same area and in the same field, and don't have a sketch profile with only like 2 connections.
No recruiters, then?
BTW I see you're in Bay Area, did you go to school up there too?

Last edited by a moderator:
I vote yes, but that's predicated on me either knowing OF them, or sharing connections with the right circle of people. I delete probably 80-90% of the requests that come my way.

I vote yes, but that's predicated on me either knowing OF them, or sharing connections with the right circle of people. I delete probably 80-90% of the requests that come my way.
unless they are hot

Most of the people that I don't know are connected in some way (a mutual connection) even if I don't know them. I have rejected a few requests before from random people.
Yeah, thanks for not accepting my invite. [emoji35]

Yes, if they are in the same field, or if I have met them. I still haven't exactly found a benefit to being on LinkedIn...

Yes, if they are in the same field, or if I have met them. I still haven't exactly found a benefit to being on LinkedIn...
I got my dream job by adding someone on LinkedIn that I met at a networking event. They weren't hiring but he messaged me on LinkedIn later when they were hiring and I got an interview and a job. All because I added him on LinkedIn after I met him.

No recruiters, then?
BTW I see you're in Bay Area, did you go to school up there too?
Davis
Nice. I've always wanted to see the centrifuge facility in person.

Flip this around, YMZ, they only want to connect with you because YOU'RE hot. It is a dating site, right?
I wonder what people are thinking sometimes because there are random (usually old) men in random fields who will send me requests, and the only mutual connections are other young women who are friends of mine.

I usually don't say yes to recruiters, but I have to admit I've hesitated when they're young and handsome. :)

Funny how all recruiters (pics) are of young attractive females...

I also have found no use for it, but have a profile. I reject random people and only connect with those I know well.

I reject recruiters and engineers that don't seem to be connected to me at all. I accept most of you yokels. I chose "if they're hot" because I've accepted super random requests because their resume was impressive.

Back